you're soaking! i'm drenched

Start from the beginning

Heyi stared in horror at the choices and reached out warily for the pink scarf. It was made of a translucent gauze material and had "Shinhye" written all over it. "You've got to be kidding," Heyi said, holding it up. "How could Mom own something so tacky?"

"Heyi, nobody is going to see us! It's five AM." Wooyoung said.

"Well, it's just the principle of the thing." Heyi said, but her protest was cut short by the sound of a blow horn.

"It's San!" Wooyoung exclaimed.

"Come on!" Heyi and Wooyoung carefully shut the front door behind them and ran out into the early-morning drizzle as San pulled up in his black Porsche. He opened the passenger door quietly and the siblings climbed in.

"Hi, Sanie, baby!" Heyi said brightly, remembering her vow to stay on his good side. She settled back comfortably in the passenger seat as they got on their way.

"Wow, what a personality transformation," said Wooyoung.

"Hi, Heyi, sweetie." San said sardonically.

"Hey, Woo." He added, twisting around to greet him.

"Hi, San." Wooyoung said, giving him a warm smile. "I guess this is it!"

"Yeah, San. Your parents are going to get so gooey looking at their wedding pictures that they'll probably leave for their second honeymoon before you get home from school."

"Hrmph." San maneuvered his Porsche over the deserted Antipolo streets. "Here," he said, indicating a couple of glass bottles of Coke sitting on the front seat. "I brought Cokes."

"Cokes?" Heyi asked in amazement. "At five in the morning?"

"I thought you might need some caffeine, Heyi," San said acidly. "Since you obviously didn't get your beauty sleep."

Anxious about the upcoming day, San was in a particularly foul mood, and in no mood for Heyi. His parents would be furious if they knew what he was up to. His father was spending a lot of money on the lawyers' fees for this meeting and was taking the morning off from work to attend it. He certainly wouldn't appreciate having his precious time and well-earned money sabotaged by San and his two amateur partners in crime.

Heyi shrugged, twisting the cap off one of the bottles. "Did you steal these out of your father's Coke machine?" Heyi asked, taking a swig.

"Jung Heyi, do you always need to be in such pain?" San said, wondering for the twentieth time how he had ever gotten himself into this situation.

"Hey, San, did you get the Huening's address?" Wooyoung asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, I found it in my father's briefcase last night," San said. "I did a trial run after dinner. Should be around twenty minutes." San turned onto Valley Crest Drive and sped smoothly through the Antipolo hills. He turned on the windshield wipers as rain began to pour down in a steady stream.

The wipers seemed to beat in time to his thoughts about his parents, drowning out the sound of Heyi talking next to him. Even if their plot did manage to keep the Huenings at bay, he thought, leaving his parents together in the same room could lead to utter disaster. His parents couldn't even live in the same house together. Why should being stuck in a cold lawyer's office be any better?

"San, I asked you a question," Heyi said.

"No," San retorted. "Were you yammering about something?"

"Didn't you hear me?" Heyi laughed. "Looks like someone's in a stormy mood."

San glowered at her and put his foot on the gas. Wooyoung's heart went out to San. He knew what he must be going through. Not only was San meddling in his parents' personal affairs, but in their business concerns as well. Poor guy, he thought. He could be getting himself into deep water.