Chapter 41 (Year 5)

Start from the beginning

"I didn't feel like seeing Lavender." Charlotte signed.

"Still fighting?"

"Yeah, she won't admit she's wrong."

"And you still haven't told me exactly why you two are fighting?" Draco said, as Charlotte, she looked through the clothes again.

"It's just some stupid girl thing. I think she'll apologize today, actually." Charlotte said,

"And you know this for a fact?" Draco said,

"Yes, I do."

"That's also why you haven't been sitting with them these last couple of weeks in potions. You and Dean seem to be getting very friendly." Draco commented.

"Yeah, he's nice. We don't know anything about potions, though."

"That's why I'm helping you. You need to have an O for your owl so we can be in potions together next year. It's really an important class-"

"Draco, I'm pretty sure you've told me this all every time we meet in the library." Charlotte laughed as she handed him some more clothes to hold.

"My arms hurt."

"I didn't pick that many clothes out, did I?" Charlotte asked,

"I think I have a hundred in my arms."

"I count twenty."

"It feels like a hundred, Charlotte."

"Lucky for you, I'm done," Charlotte said, looking around before kissing him on the cheek.

"Well, I mean, I can hold these clothes a little longer if you want me to." He said. She laughed, shaking her head at him.

"I really am done. I have to meet up with Harry." She explained,

"Oh, well, are you free after?"

"It's going to be awhile. I'll meet up with you later today, okay?"

"Okay," he said, nodding.

---

Charlotte entered the hog's head. When it was a little crowded, she saw an empty spot next to Parvati and Lavender. Parvati smiled at her as she sat down next to her.

"Hi, Parvati." She said, not acknowledging Lavender.

"Hi, Charlotte. Lavender here was just telling me about how much she-"

"It's starting," Lavender said, as they saw Hermione stand up.

"Er. Well - er - hi. Well... erm... well, you know why you're here. Erm... well, Harry here had the idea - I mean-I had the idea - that it might be good if people who wanted to study Defense Against the Dark Arts - and I mean, really study it, you know, not the rubbish that Umbridge is doing with us - because nobody could call that Defense Against the Dark Arts -

"Hear, hear," said someone said.

"Well, I thought it would be good if we, well, took matters into our own hands. And by that, I mean learning how to defend ourselves properly, not just in theory but doing the real spells -"

"You want to pass your Defense Against the Dark Arts OWL too, though, I bet?" Micheal Corner asked.

"Of course I do," said Hermione at once.

"But more than that, I want to be properly trained in defense because... because... because Lord Voldemort is back." Hermione breathed. Everyone seemed to shudder or gasp, or yelp, all staring at Harry.

"Well... that's the plan, anyway. If you want to join us, we need to decide how we're going to -"

"Where's the proof You-Know-Who's back?" Some blond Hufflepuff asked,

"Well, Dumbledore believes it -"

"You mean, Dumbledore believes him," The boy nodded towards Harry.

"Who are you?" Ron snapped.

"Zacharias Smith and I think we've got the right to know exactly what makes him say You-Know-Who's back," Zacharias said.

"Look, that's really not what this meeting was supposed to be about - "Hermione said, trying to intervene.

"It's okay, Hermione," Harry said, suddenly standing up.

Harry explained his story, with several students wanting answers from him. For rumors from the first year all the way to last summer. Everyone in the room, except Cho Chang's friend, Marietta Edgecombe, was now convinced that Voldemort had returned, even Lavender, who had come to see if Harry had been lying this whole time, but now had a horrible, guilty feeling that she had thought Charlotte was wrong for these past couple weeks.

Everyone decided on a day to meet up, and a time before signing their name on a paper Hermione had brought. Charlotte stood up, grabbing all her bags that were around her feet, and standing up.

"Charlotte?" Lavender said, quietly. Charlotte turned around, seeing Lavender. Her eyes filled with tears, her lips quivering.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you! I'm so sorry! I was so stupid! I just thought that I was so right, and that you were just believing him because he was your brother! I'm sorry!" She said, throwing her arms around Charlotte, who almost fell over.

"It's okay, Lavender."

"It's-it's not!" She shouted, crying into Charlotte's shoulder. Charlotte dropped her bags on the floor and hugged Lavender back.

"Now, will you believe me when I'm telling you you're wrong?" Charlotte asked. She felt Lavender nod into her shoulder.

"Good, now get off my shoulder. My shirt is probably soaked through now." Charlotte laughed, and Lavender sniffed as they pulled apart. Parvati's arms were crossed as she glared at them.

"I'm happy you two are finally friends again! BUT DO YOU TWO KNOW HOW FUCKING HARD IT WAS TO BE WITH YOU TWO! I SWEAR TO GOD YOU TWO DO THAT ONE MORE TIME AND I'LL KILL BOTH OF YOU! I'M EXHAUSTED!"

"We're sorry, Parvati!" Charlotte yelled as she and Lavender fought back laughter.

"No, you two really aren't." She said, rolling her eyes, but she was smiling as well as the three of them walked out of the Hog's head.

A/N- I'm going to try to be a little quicker with this year so I can get to the years of the war, I have so many ideas for that, I'm so excited!