Baking with your lover

Character chart is the same as in the first chapter
-art is not mine
-fluff

Baking with your lover

It was a lot of work convincing Sanji that we could use the kitchen for a while, but now we're here collecting all the ingredients we need. I haven't cooked or baked in a long time. Not that it would change anything if I did, because I can't cook at all. But even so, I wanted to try baking a cake for Luffy's birthday together with Zoro. I looked over to him and stopped searching for vanilla to look at him closely.

He was wearing black jeans and a blue tanktop. It was rather casual, but even so I think he looks extremely good. Thanks to the shoulderfree top you could see his defined muscles very well. „My eyes are up here.", he said while grinning. I blushed slightly and punched him jokingly on his upper arm. He smiled at me and turned to get the rest of the ingredients. I opened the cupboard in front of me and finally found the vanilla. We put everything we needed on the counter.

„Okay, this is the recipe that Sanji wrote for us. First we need to make the dough. For that we have to put 6 cups of flour in a bowl." Zoro immediatly reached out to get a big bowl. He had to lean over me to get it and I looked up to him while blushing a little. He noticed and kissed my forehead while he leaned back with the bowl. To distract myself I grabbed a cup, filled it with flour and emptied it into the bowl. I did that again six times. Meanwhile Zoro was reading the recipe. „Okay, the next step is to put 4 cups of milk in it."

I just grabbed the cup I've already used for the flour and put the milk into the flour. After that we put the other ingredients in too and mixed them together. I wanted to grab the dough to put it on the counter, but it was too sticky. It wouldn't come off the bowl. „Wait, let's put some more flour in. Can you do that?", I asked Zoro. He nodded and put some flour in. After I mixed it in, it came off easily and I was relieved. As I slammed it on the counter, I hit the flour package and it fell down. „Oh my god, I'm sorry!", I apologized quickly.

When it hit the floor, it flew right on Zoros jeans. „Well, now they're not so black anymore.", he laughed, which relieved me. „I'll wash them for you later, I promise.", I smiled. „Ah, that's fine. I won't be needing them later anyways." He winked at me and once again the blood rushed up to my face. I didn't respond and just turned to wash my hands and get the broom. „I think the next step is to whip the cream. Can you do that while I get the broom?" „Of course!" I went outside and met the others there. Luffy was fishing with Chopper and Usopp.

I stopped to watch them a bit. „Have you already caught anything?" „Oh hey, Julia! Yes, we caught a big shark! I wanted Sanji to cook it, but he said that you and Zoro are in the kitchen.", answered Luffy. „What are you making?" „That's a suprise.", I said mysteriously. I winked and then went to the broom closet. When I opened the door to the kitchen again, I couldn't believe what I saw. The whole kitchen and Zoro were covered in cream stains. „What happened?", I asked him. „I might have used to much strength to whip it." „How is that even possible?", I laughed.

He looked so ridiculous. „Stop laughing! That's not funny!", he pouted, but soon joined in with laughter. „At least I don't have to feel bad about the jeans anymore. I'll go get the other cleaning supplies." He nodded apologetic. We cleaned the kitchen and put the dough in the fridge. „How did I manage to remain clean, while you look like that?", I laughed. I shouldn't have said that because Zoro then threw flour after me.

I was also wearing black so it was unmissable. „You-„ I picked up a bit of flour and also threw it at him. He dodged it and threw me on the ground, so that he would be on top of me. I groaned and wanted to get him off of me but he only smiled and pinned my hands down next to my face. His face was now only centimeters away from mine. I leaned in to close the gap between our lips but I got interupted by the sound of a door opening. Suprised I looked in the direction of the door and saw Sanji.

„What are you doing? Why are you that dirty and what have you done to my kitchen, Marimo?", Sanji yelled at Zoro. We got up and I apologized to Sanji. „I'm sorry Sanji, it was my fault.", I said. „No, it's not! I started throwing the flour at you.", Zoro answered. „But I provoked you!" „It's always that stupid mossheads fault. I don't know what you see in him Julia-swan." „Hey, don't talk about my man like that!" Sanji looked at Zoro angrily before he went out of the room. „We should clean up.", I said brightly red, after I realised what I said. „Yeah we should.", Zoro smiled, and I could swear I saw his face turning a reddish colour.