You Fucking Prick

~~Richie~~

I'm leaning against the frame as English, and I talk. I've thought about who the rat could be, and my mind keeps going to Francis.

So English and I come up with a plan to get him to admit his evil doings or anything along the lines of "I'm the rat." I tell English to get the door and I get into position as he talks to Francis.

As I go over to the table I hear "Richie. How you feeling?" I answer sarcasm and poison lacing my voice "Oh, I'm just peachy, yeah. How you feeling?"

Francis answers "I didn't get shot in the stomach earlier, so, you know, not bad." I then start off with a vague hint saying with a questioning tone "Lucky, isn't it? All those bullets flying around, but the La Fontaines, they didn't land a single one on you, hmm?"

Francis then says not getting it "Not luck, Richie. It's, um... ... It's skill." I then say to see if he'd give a straight answer "I guess I was too slow. So, where you been?"

He answers "Made some calls. I checked in with a hi-fi shop owes us a favor. They got a machine that can play the tape. I'm, I'm gonna go over with it this minute."

I then ask, "So you want to take the tape?" He then replies "Yeah. Pronto." I then say not wanting to leave him alone with the tape, "Why don't I go with you." He then says dismissingly "No, no. You're in no shape to be out there."

I then state not accepting that out of worry and care for me he said that "So you want to walk out of here with this tape alone? Is that right?" He states simply, "That's right."

I then give him a counter offer and if he keeps this up, he's pretty much admitting to being the rat "I'll tell you what. Just wait for my pops to get here, you know? Then we can all listen to the tape together."

He then says coming up with one of his famous half assed excuses "We don't have time." I then counter still wondering why he just can't wait "What's the big rush?" He then tries saying "Every second the rat is alive is another second that your father is in danger."

English then butts in saying "Gentlemen. If I know your father, Master Richie, your father would want you both to take a deep breath."

I smile saying pointing to myself "Now... Glad you said that. Hmm? My father. My father, Francis. It's my father who's in danger, not yours."

He then goes about saying he loves my father like his own like that means anything "I love your father like he was my own and I'm trying to help him."

So, I ignore that and continue "See, wasn't your father selling fucking tomatoes down on State Street before he died from a lifetime of being nothing to nobody? Huh? So maybe me and my pops don't need your fucking help. You ever think of that?"

He then says "I'm gonna need that tape, pal, right now." I then say, "Why don't you try and take it." He then says "Not tonight. Now give me the tape."

I then lead him on asking "Really, Francis, I mean, what's the, uh, what's the rush? I mean, really, my pops will be here any minute. Unless you don't want my pops listening to this tape." He then asks "What are you talking about? Huh?"

I then repeat "Why don't you want my pops listening to this tape, Francis?" He then says anger on the edge of his tone "I said, give me the fucking tape."

He goes for the case, but I push him back stating "Ooh. Now who's too fucking slow?" He tries to explain "Richie." I go "Mm?"

He then continues to explain "Richie, for your own good, for the good of your father, I'm gonna take that tape now and I'm gonna leave. If you touch me again... ...I'll break your fucking arm, you understand?"

I then tell him off "You're such a fucking prick, you know that? Think you're so fucking smart." He warns me "Careful." I continue "Hmm? Smarter than everyone."

English also warns "Careful, Master Richie." Francis warns again "Careful." Then Francis and I struggling with the case, and it falls to the ground popping open to reveal the tape is missing.

I reach for my gun pointing it at Francis and ask with a warning tone "Where's the tape, Francis?" Francis then says, "You must be out of your mind to point that gun at me."

English tries to talk but Francis says "Stop playing games, Richie. Where'd you put the tape? What was your plan? Did you hide it to try and trick me into confessing something? 'Cause that is somehow the dumbest thing you've done all day."

I then start telling him off "Mm. Always wanted to be the big man, didn't you? No selling tomatoes for you. No, no, no. You don't want to work for my pops. You want to fucking be him."

He then says, "I owe everything to that man." He thinks that changes anything and I continue by saying "Well, guess what. As long as me and him are around, you ain't never gonna be number one."

English tries to tell us "There's no need for this fighting." But I ignore him and keep my focus on Francis telling him "You slimy fuck, I had you pegged from day one. You know that? From the second I first laid eyes on you, I said, "Who the fuck is this son of a bitch?" He ain't family."

Once again Francis goes on about the six marbles "No, I'm the guy who took six marbles to save your father's life because family wasn't there."

I then tell him off "Yeah, fuck you! I run this crew." He then tells me off saying "No, your pops run this crew. And I spend half of every day cleaning up your messes."

I then say as a silent rage fumes underneath "You want to see me make a mess?" Just then he turns to face the direction of a sound and I take that moment to shoot him. 

He turns looking down at his chest and he falls to his knees. I walk up to him kneeling down as I say with a smile on my face "There I made mess, now who's going to clean up this one, not you that for sure. See you in hell, you fucking prick." 

He takes his last breath as I stand up I shoot Francis in between the eyes and I look over at English shrugging my shoulders and I then walk right up to him asking him right in his face "English you tell me where you hid the tape or Francis isn't the only mess I'll make tonight, understand?" He nods and I then smile and say "Good, now where'd you put it?"

~~mini timeskip~~

~~Richie~~

English leads me to the back room and reaches into the pocket of my coat revealing the tape. I smile and tell him "Good now hand it to me." He hands it to me just as the buzzer goes off and I order "English get the door." 

He leaves and I leave the back room to see my pops with Bruce. He looks to the floor seeing Francis and I tell him "Francis was the rat . . . I had to kill him." He nods slowly and comes up to me placing his hands on top of my shoulders telling me "I'm just glad you're okay." 

He then brings me into hug me and I tense at the action but soon I hug back. He then shrugs me off and goes back to being professional. He orders "Bruce grab Francis and take him to the car." Bruce nods before grabbing Francis's dead body and taking it out to the car. 

I hold up the tape and state "I got the tape." My pops smiles the biggest smile I've ever seen, and he comes up again grabbing the tape from my grasp saying, "I always knew you'd never let me down son." 

I smile but hide it quickly before he notices and not long after does Bruce come back. Bruce tells my pops "It's taken care of." My pops replies "Good. Now that we got the tape and my boy, let's get going." 

He turns to English and says "I won't forget what you've done for my family, so you'll be seeing more of us. Goodbye Mr. English." 

He turns away and starts walking Bruce right behind him. I follow after them and smile as I think how I've made my pops proud and now that Francis is no longer around, I'll be promoted. We leave the shop and into the car. We drive away from there and go home.

~~The 

               End~~

Words: 1502