Part 2

"No fucking way!" Ned speaks much louder than he should and draws the attention of some of the students and monitors around you.

"Dude, shut up!" You complain in a low voice and he just laughs softly, putting his hand over his mouth.

Ned is a physics monitor and is one of your closest friends, so you saw no problem in sharing with him what happened between you and Wanda. But maybe doing it while you're both working wasn't such a good idea.

"What's going on, losers?" You hear a female voice approaching you and you squeeze your eyes shut, knowing you were fucked. Robin was your other close friend, but you intended to take as long as you could to tell her, because the blonde wasted no time in teasing you about absolutely anything.

"(Y/n) is dating a milf!" Ned tells her, and you widen your eyes. "Dude!" you say, slapping him on the shoulder. "I'm not dating her," you explain, taking a sip of your water in an attempt to wash away the bitter taste that has formed in your mouth. "So she is a milf?" Robin asks with raised eyebrows and an amused smirk on her face.

The conversation is irritating you and the heat in your cheeks irritates you even more. "I'm not having this conversation." You declare but the other two smile amused. "She's friends with her aunt." Ned explains and Robin agrees with a mocking expression and you groan in irritation. "You know what? Gossip all you want, I have work to do."

You grab some notes and turn to a student who is approaching your desk. You try to calm down, but it's impossible with the two idiots giggling behind you.

-----

"You're home!" You say excitedly as you enter the house and see Nat lying on the couch, reading some documents. She looks up at you with a wide smile and stands up, walking over to you and giving you a tight hug.

"Did you miss me?" she asks with raised eyebrows and you make a dismissive noise with your mouth. "Of course not, I can't stand your face anymore." You scoff and she chuckles.

"Well, it's my house, you can move out whenever you want." She retorts and you put your hands on your chest with a grimace and she laughs.

"How was your weekend?" She asks casually, walking to the kitchen and pouring you both some juice. The question is simple but makes you break into a cold sweat with the memories of Saturday night flashing fast in your brain. "Normal, no big deal." You say, trying to sound as chill as possible and sigh in relief when Nat hums in agreement.

"I was thinking about how we don't have any emergency contact." She comments, handing you one of the glasses and you frown. "We have the neighbors." You say and she rolls her eyes, "The neighbors hate us.

"Maybe they wouldn't if you didn't complain about every single noise they make." You retort with a mocking smirk and she smiles too, rolling her eyes and giving your shoulder a small nudge.

"I'll give you Wanda's phone number later." She says naturally and you get even more nervous. "Why would I need Wanda's number?"

"You know how emergencies work, (Y/n)?" She asks with a mixed expression of mockery and confusion. "Just in case you need an adult when I'm not here."

"I'm an adult." You retort feeling slightly annoyed. You're about to turn 23 and Nat would still treat you like a teenager. Normally you would find her behavior amusing, but this time a strange irritation takes hold of you and it surprises you. But you quickly try to push it away.

"I know you are." She says with a gentle chuckle. "But there are things we can't do alone." She explains and you swallow dryly, those words having a completely different meaning than she imagines.