The evil spreads like a fever ahead. It was night when you died, my firefly

A/N: Hi! Thanks for checking this!
This is the first time writing for the Stranger Things fandom, please be nice! I really hope you guys enjoy it because I worked hard on this. I saw this prompt on TikTok and I could not take it off my head.

I'll be posting the next part next Thursday, I believe, since the story is almost finished, I just need to write the last chapter.

Also, I created a playlist for this, and I really recommend you follow this with some music.
YouTube: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIOjsq_oLnnmwBMDtdGECwmafBxTWg4O3
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2Qez0WExOmMsT6FJSoR2jn?si=832f5c2dfc294fc0

English isn't my first language, please let me know of any mistakes.

****

"It's over. Vecna is gone." Nancy's trembling voice comes through the walk-talk.

For a moment, there's just silence. It feels like a fever dream.

"We took care of the Mind Flyer too," Robin says into the radio in just a whisper, almost in disbelief.

Silence. They were waiting for it not to be true. Steve watches all of them look at the space they are in, expecting one of those creatures to appear, hidden in the shadows and to jump in one of them, to continue the battle, because... This couldn't be it, could it?

This was really it? Was it over? Vecna, Mind Flyer, Upside Down. All of it. It was all gone. They did it.

Eddie was the first to scream in celebration, holding his bat up his head.

"Holy shit!!" It's just what he managed to say, because the truth is, they were all too choked up to say anything else.

But Eddie breaking the silence it's just what they need to be able to shatter the spell of incredulity.

"Holy shit," Robin whispers. "Holy shit!!" She repeats louder.

Steve watches their expressions change, one by one. Disbelief turns into relief that turns into happiness. Out of euphoria, they start to scream altogether, running to hug each other. Steve is still too shocked to move, to breathe. He's still on high alert, still expecting danger. Everything seems in slow motion, their happy faces, the noises, the lights. It was all just a second until Robin went up to him, holding him tight, a second later everyone else joined the hug. It's only then that Steve seems to wake up.

There, in the safety of his friends' embrace, Steve could honestly cry, maybe he already was. Some of them were crying too, and laughing, and screaming. A cry of relief, of fear, of a war that was finally, after all this time, over.

It was time to rest and celebrate.

It feels like they stayed like that forever until they eventually got separated.

"Wait, we have to find the others." Max was the first to say.

Right. Steve remembers that they got split in some time in the chaos, believing the best shot they had was if those things were apart. Max, Robin, Steve, Eddie and Sincler got the Mind Flyer. El, Nace, Jonathan, Mike and Dustin went after Vecna.

"Okay. Okay, let's go, let's go people! Let's find the others!" Steve tells them, supporting the nail-bat in his shoulder, feeling his smile growing even more if this was even possible.

They were going home .

All of them come up running to the centre room of the building, screaming in victory and excitement.

"We did it!" Lucas says.

"Holy shit you guys!" Max says beside him.

And Steve is smiling and he's happy and relieved and...