no matter how neutral her demeanor, bakugō seemed destined to be provoked, as if her very existence near him was enough to incite his fiery temperament.

"you're fucking annoying!" bakugō shouted, swiftly running over to her.

a thunderous explosion echoed through the arena, engulfing the immediate vicinity in smoke. the spectators held their breath, their eyes fixed on the dissipating veil, eagerly anticipating whether jisoo had succumbed to such an obvious move.

as the smoke cleared, it unveiled jisoo's unimpressed countenance. unbeknownst to many, she had crafted an air barrier in advance, allowing those seated behind her to witness her steadfast composure. bakugō, undeterred, opted for a strategic move, unleashing a series of rapid explosions that manifested into a smokescreen.

a haughty smirk graced bakugō's face as he heard faint coughs emanating from the other side of the arena. the ploy seemed effective, at least in creating a visual disruption, but jisoo's unruffled expression hinted at her readiness to counter.

"gee, bakugō-san." jisoo had finally said a word after the match began. he could somewhat see her waving a hand around her face in an attempt to clear the smoke from her airway. "no need to suffocate me."

"here's the million-dollar question, folks! how will yoo jisoo continue? everywhere is filled with smoke, and it seems that she cannot control the air that is mixed with carbon dioxide and particulate matter!" present mic's electrifying commentary filled the air.

bakugō's eyes widened as he processed the information. he had keenly observed jisoo's ability to manipulate the air around her, and now, with this revelation, he swiftly concluded that the statement held merit. however, a hypothesis can only be proven true through experimentation.

undeterred, bakugō intensified his onslaught of explosions, firing them in every conceivable direction. the arena reverberated with the concussive force of his quirk, reaching a point where he began to feel the strain in his forearms. the smokescreen thickened, shrouding the battlefield in a veil of uncertainty.

as the smoke shrouded the arena, whispers rippled through the crowd. "this is like that uraraka kid's match all over again," someone remarked, the words hanging in the air. bakugō heard the comment but paid it no heed. little did the spectators know the extent of jisoo's capabilities.

in the midst of the swirling smoke, bakugō's eyes darted frantically, attempting to discern jisoo's elusive figure. it was as if she had never occupied that space, leaving him perplexed and searching in vain. the echoes of her prior feats in the usj incident only hinted at the dormant power concealed within her, a power far beyond what he could fathom.

"oh? where is she?" present mic normally spoke, but everyone could still hear it due to his quirk.

the resounding thumps of bakugō's heart echoed in his ears, the anticipation building up with each passing moment. abruptly, the smoke, a residue of his explosive spectacle, started to drift toward the center of the arena.

its gradual convergence created a mesmerizing illusion, shaping itself into a compact orb that captivated the attention of everyone present. the shifting forms within the smoky sphere hinted at an impending revelation, intensifying the suspense that enveloped the battleground.

"아이구."

aigoo.

bakugō's abrupt turn was met with the sound of jisoo's familiar voice, sending an enraged snarl through his gritted teeth. the surprise of being caught off guard fueled his anger, aggravated further by the fact that he couldn't detect her presence.

reacting swiftly, he raised his hand to unleash another explosive blast. the detonation echoed through the arena, a fiery burst of aggression.

yet, jisoo's hand moved with precision, skillfully guiding the explosion away from her face, rendering the ferocious attack futile. the audacity of her defense only intensified bakugō's frustration, as the crowd watched in awe of her calculated moves.