"don't look, shōto. they don't belong in the same world as you."

todoroki could feel his body flying back from the direct force he had just received, nearly rendering him unconscious.

if not for building up insane tolerance against his father's abuse, he would have given up long ago. this is more tolerable for him. this wasn't repulsive compared to the hits he had faced during the past few days. he preferred this more.

"mom... i'm going crazy. i can't go on. day by day, my kids are becoming more like him. shotō's left side sometimes becomes unbearable to me. i can't raise them anymore. i shouldn't raise them."

"mom...?"

todoroki who had a far away look in his eyes, came in contact with the cemented, dusty, arena ground as he individually recalled all those forcefully forgotten memories.

"i will not use my father's power."

"but isn't it your power?!"

todoroki could then vividly remember the warmth of a mother. a distant memory– watching the tv with a face filled with joy.

...happiness.

he hadn't felt that in a long time.

"but you want to be a hero, right? you don't have to be imprisoned by your own blood... you can become who you want to be."

jisoo smiled as she watched todoroki shōto suddenly break all the restrictions he consciously placed on himself, the one that had always been holding him back. she could see– everyone could see it. from the way he distanced himself, the way he chose to not interact with others, how guarded he was– those restrictions.

but now, from the way his flames flared in the air, flickering brightly without any constraint.

it was indeed beautiful.

a pretty boy, was what jisoo could only think about from here on out.

*ೃ༄

"second match of the semifinals." present mic announced, his tone serious in contrast to the recent matches. "bakugō katsuki versus yoo jisoo!"

the anticipation in the stadium rose as present mic declared the second semifinal match: bakugō katsuki versus yoo jisoo.

the serious tone in his announcement reflected a genuine concern about the upcoming clash, not underestimating jisoo but acknowledging the challenge she faced against the notorious and brutal bakugō.

in the stands, the crowd held varied sentiments. while some pitied jisoo, fearing for her well-being as the sole woman who had advanced this far, others, particularly the women in her class and beyond, held a different perspective. they saw her as a capable contender, and her gender was not a factor in their expectations.

jisoo, unfazed by the weight of the expectations, stared blankly at bakugō, hands casually tucked into her pockets. she understood the dynamics at play; bakugō's explosive temper could be fueled by mere expressions.