Introduction

Before talking about the Sabbath, let us go back first to the Ten commandments which is the basis of our moral values. It is written in Exodus 20: 1-17 and Deuteronomy 5:1-21. When we summarize it all, the ten commandments comes to only one concept—love. This love is categorized into two: love for the Lord Almighty and for our neighbor (Deuteronomy 6:5; Luke 10:27).

The Ten commandments goes on as follows:
1.) Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2.) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
3.) Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4.)Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5.) Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
6.)Thou shalt not kill.
7.)hou shalt not commit adultery.
8.)hou shalt not steal.
9.)Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10.) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Among all the Ten commandments, only the fourth commandment was disregarded by the majority. Many would claim and try to prove that it was abolished by Christ. This is not a criticism upon those churches that don't keep Sabbath but this is the truth that we must reveal. Did Jesus really abolished the Sabbath? Why many people are keeping the Sunday instead of Sabbath? Is there any special day of worship among the seven days of the week? These are just few of the questions that comes into our mind when we hear the word 'Sabbath' but there are more questions that will be answered by the Scriptures itself. Come with me to the journey of exploring the Sabbath truth from the Scriptures.