Chapter 5 | Sprigged The Trap

Mulai dari awal

It screamed before it continued.

"IT'S THE BEASTS!"

It tensed up as soon as it felt the cold steel of your weapon lightly touch the back of its head as you pointed it at him.

"Stop following us." You said.

"Heh... well, well bad news for you two, I taste terrible!"

Both of you stopped before you looked at each other, then back at it.

"Ew, we are not gonna eat you." She said.

"Yeah. I don't even like frog legs!" You said.

"Well, you tried to eat wally..." It said, pointing towards Anne before pointing your way next. "...and you tried to eat our entire town."

"Oh you have got to be kidding me..." You whispered to yourself, completely exasperated while pinching your nose bridge with your eyes squeezed shut.

"What? It's true! The townsfolk told me all about it."

"Ok, kid... listen up." You replied. "I'm just going to say, I am at my wit's end with all this... nonsense, so let me tell you something.

I did not try and eat, hurt, chop up, or even lay a single finger on those guys back in your town! All I wanted was to get some help, but I nearly died instead."

"Yeah," Anne said. "And I'm in the same boat as him when I was with "Wally", but instead of trying to kill me, he just ran away screaming."

The frog was about to object, but then he stroked his own chin with a pensive expression.

"Well, that does sound like Wally..."

"Alright, enough fooling around!" You said, still pointing your axe head at him. "You've got a lot of nerve following us around in this forest."

"Yeah," Anne said. "What's your deal with all the stalking and the stuff about how you're 'going to find us' anyway?"

"And just about why should I tell you that?... even if you have super sharp weapons... that could... cut me into pieces within seconds..."

He looked in between the two of you nervously and then gulped.

"Ok, ok, I'll tell you! I'll tell you anything! Just please don't kill me!"

"Let me guess..." You said. "You probably came here because you wanted to take out the "monsters" you heard were wandering the woods outside your village so you can "save the town", didn't you?"

The frog simply stared at you blankly...

"Uhhhh..."

Suddenly, before the conversation can continue any further, you were interrupted by the sounds of a loud screech filling the air, combined with the distant sound of falling trees. Anne turned around to look behind herself, with you catching a quick glimpse of her facial expression becoming horrified before she did so.

As for you, you looked far off into the direction she was looking at, and a wave of dreadful fear washed over you after you.

"Ummm... what was that?" You asked.

"Like heck if I know." Said the frog. "Though, judging by the looks of things, I don't think it seems like anything good."

The two of you didn't know... but Anne knew. Her face showed exactly that when she turned back around to you. She knew all too well...

"It's coming back..." She said under her breath.

"What is?" Sprig asked, nervously.

"Coming back?" You asked. "You mean, you saw it before?"