30 | coup de grâce

Start from the beginning

Hawks instantly felt sick in his stomach. A massive wave of nausea had hit him as his mind spiraled into storm. He waited for their conversation to continue but they had drifted to another topic of their mountains of paperwork. The next thing he knew his feet was already taking him back to the elevator and to a hall in which where people in HPSC could reside.

He couldn't get their conversation off his mind. He had done Y/n wrong too, he knew that she could be an asset to the HPSC but he had never fathom that they would go over the lines to an extent that they would not tell her the truth about something that Y/n had the absolute right to know. He'd be a hypocrite saying that but anyone would be mortified if they learned that something was wrong with their body.

"Hawks?"

A voice so familiar uttering his name made him pause as he came to realize that he was running through the hall. He turned over his shoulder to find Y/n poking her head behind a black modern contemporary door flat.

"Y/N!" He ran back and Y/n went out and abruptly closed the door shut before he could even stand infront of it.

"What are you running for? I could hear your footsteps inside my room." The pioneer stared at him, as he catched his breath.

"There's something you should know." He said between pants and looked around the hall to see if there was someone. "We have to talk about this in private, where there's absolutely no one or anything can pick up on our conversation."

Y/n raised a brow. "Well, my room is the perfect place for that but I have private business in there."

"It will be just quick I promise." Hawks said, ansty. "And definitely don't tell anyone, especially the people in here."

The young teen contemplated the situation for a moment, she definitely not want him to enter her room when she was doing some work but by further scrutiny he seemed genuinely disturbed by something and noting that he wanted full secured privacy it must be something in relations to this commission.

"Hold on." Hawks saw her enter her room briskly and seconds later, her door went ajar and came Y/n. "We'll talk in here but absolutely no roaming around. Eyes on me." He couldn't even let out a noise of acknowledgment when she grabbed him by the collar and literally dragged him into her room. Y/n forcefully settled him on an office chair situated in the literal corner of her room and stood infront of him. Her figure loomed over him, blocking the view behind.

"You do enjoy grabbing me by the collar, huh?"

"Now tell me and make it quick, I still have work to do."

"I just overheard this conversation between the president, Dorothy, and Ivan. They were talking about some serum in your body." Y/n visibly perched at him, urging the man to continue. "They said that this serum was being dissolved or something by the palladium poison in your body and so it could temper with the serum's effect."

Y/n nodded, "And anything else?"

"Well, they said that if the serum won't work to its fullest they were going to inject you with it again. And if that happens, Dottie said that it could cause some mental instability." He recalled the conversation, trying to explain with ensured accuracy. "They also said something about a deal." From the slow brightening look on her face, he could tell that Y/n was piecing the puzzles together.

"Y/n, what is this serum? Did you have a deal with the commission? What's going on?"

"You shouldn't concern yourself with that. It's a rather personal matter. But I truly appreciate that you've told me about this. This was a very much needed information." The teen patted his shoulder, and grabbed him to his feet. Hawks was surprised by her strength but did not comment on it. "From the bottom of my heart, I am thankful and I'm sorry if I sound rude but you may leave."