"Hey, hey. Where do you think you're going?", he remarks when she turns to leave.

"Uh, work? Some of us have jobs to get to, y'know".

"I'll drop you, come on. Gotta pick up Kie anyways", he waves her over to the motorcycle parked in the corner and she sighs moving towards him.

He takes a seat, handing her the spare helmet and she follows suit about to buckle the helmet in when a loud voice stops them.

"And where are you two off to?".

Georgie snaps her head to the left finding her father come walking towards the house from out of one of the alleys.

A plastic bag in hand.

A bag full of vodka, I'm sure.

"Work", she replies indifferently.

"You too?", he glances at JJ who only nods in response.

A sarcastic chuckle leaves his mouth, Georgie flinching at the sound.

"Where's the money then, huh?", he's only referring to JJ, that both of them are aware of now.

JJ gulps nervously, his grip on the bike handles going tight.

"Used it to repair the front porch".

"Your sister gave her money for it. You lyin' to me, boy?", he's closer now, much closer than either of them would like.

"No—".

"It wasn't mine. It was his, the money he got from serving at the Country club".

Luke's gaze turns to Georgie's who confidently looks up at him though inside she is absolutely dreading the result that would follow if he keeps interrogating JJ like this.

"You lyin' for him?", he tilts his head eyeing his daughter.

Georgie swallows.

"No".

Luke stares at her for a few more moments, skeptical eyes assessing her expression though she remains neutral, she has to or else—

He throws one last glance at JJ and walks back to the house, slowly ascending the steps and pulling the door shut behind him.

JJ takes in a deep breath as soon as the sound of the door closing reaches them.

"Georgie—".

"Just go. I'm getting late", she exhales and wraps her arms around his waist getting ready for him to start driving.

He shuts his mouth, igniting the bike and driving it out of the area surrounded by the house.

They drive through the narrow street running from their neighbourhood towards the nicer part of the town.

Figure Eight.

Home to the infamous Kooks and everyone else on the island who managed to acquire loads upon loads of money and lead what is known as 'the upper class life'.

Downright snobs they are, that's the only real way to describe the Outer Banks' Kooks.

Georgie looks on as they drive through the posh neighbourhood, the sleek modern houses awakening a sense of envy and self satisfaction in her.

She's fond of the lifestyle but the people disgust her.

They pass the Country Club which has black cars parked in the vicinity even during these early hours of the morning.

She lets out a sigh when JJ pulls up in front of The Wreck.

Hopping off, Georgie quickly unbuckles the helmet and hands it to her brother already making her way up the steps leading to the favourite Kook hotspot.

"Hey, wait!", JJ runs up the steps after her.

She turns to face him as soon as they're both at the entrance, "What?".

"Thanks for, uh, having my back. I know it was your money that went into the porch repair and—", he awkwardly rubs the back of his neck shifting on his feet.

"It's fine. You don't need to thank me", Georgie protectively wraps her arms around herself gazing up at him.

"I know but . . . . you deserve it", JJ shrugs with a faint smile.

She gives him a half smile and enters the restaurant, Anna Carrera immediately catching sight of her.

"Georgie, over here! You're serving the tables today", she beckons for the blonde to come assist her in the laying down of cutlery at one of the tables.

Georgie resists the urge to scowl — serving tables is the worst. A major part of your job entails dealing with obnoxious brats and keeping your mouth shut lest you upset them and lose a customer.

Losing a customer. One of the most annoying things that could ever happen to you when you're in the hotel business.

Well, other than your vendor's constant stupidity leading to a mishap that causes a major ration crisis to occur.

"I'll pick you up at 5!", JJ yells wandering over to where Kiara is seated busy on her phone.

Georgie nods to let him know she's heard and returns her attention to making sure that the cutlery placement is perfect.

Perfect is the only thing that matters.