"you will be fine okay? you know Steve would do anything to keep you alive and although he's a Dingus, he will make sure you're out of that alive." she said, you nodded your head, wiping your tears, before both exiting the stock room going back to the group. Steve gave you a look and you smiled at him. after speaking for a bit, you all got into the car. you had asked Steve if you could go talk to your dad at his grave, you wanted to say your goodbyes to him. you arrived at the cemetery and got out immediately. "can you guys please wait here? i just want some alone time" you whispered. your voice was almost silent but Steve understood, nodding his head as you closed the door, walking off to your dads grave. Steve didn't want you going alone, he asked Dustin, Lucas and Max to come with him but asked Robin, the most responsible one, to stay behind to look after his car. he kept his distance from you, knowing you needed your space.

as you were talking to your dad, your head started pounding, you felt yourself just stop. your eyes rolled into your head and then everything around you changed. you 'woke up' in the upside down and looked around. you saw Chrissy, dead, up against a tree. you then saw Fred, in sort of the same position as Chrissy. you gasped. you had never been so scared of something in your life. you looked around more before you heard a voice, it was your dad. "how could you y/n? you asked me to come pick you up, it's your fault i'm dead, it's all your fault i've left you with your mum. it's all your fault" he said, walking closer to you. you started backing up but didn't get that far. "you aren't real. you aren't." you said, closing your eyes, trying to forget everything around you. you opened your eyes and saw Vecna standing right in front of you. you screamed and tried to run away from him but didn't get far, one of his tentacles got hold of your leg and pulled you back to him.

he wrapped a few more around your body as you were now back up against the tree. "please. you aren't real" you shouted, "oh but i am. it's your turn y/n, join the others" he spoke, his voice demonic and terrifying. he reached his clawed hand reaching up to your face. you could hardly breathe. he had a tentacle around your neck, restricting your airway. as he was reaching up to your face, you got flashbacks of all the good times you had. back in reality, Steve had put the walkman over your ears and it was blasting your favourite song. you heard faint lyrics as you saw the flashbacks.

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
When it's cold outside

Steve watched you as you floated into the air, his heart hurt. his beautiful girl, was being cursed but this awful thing and all he could do is stand there and wait. he had hot tears rolling down his face. he needed this to work, he couldn't lose you. who would he vent to when he had a bad day? who would he go to if he needed a cuddle? what would he do without you? he was so scared. they all called your name as you kept floating higher. you still had your eyes closed with Vecna's claws getting closer to your face.

I've got the month of May
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way
My girl, my girl, my girl
Talkin' 'bout my girl
My girl

you opened your eyes as soon as you heard those words, ripping at Vecna's neck. he screamed in pain and his tentacles let go of you. you gasped for air and saw an opening in the upside down. it was you, floating in the air with Steve, Dustin, Lucas and Max all shouting your name. Steve had tears rolling down your face. you could barely breathe. you ran. ran as fast as you ever had before. you ran for your family, your friends, your future, but most of all, Steve. this was your song, yours and his. it had so much meaning to it and that's why it was your favourite. you gasped as you ran. Vecna was throwing different objects your way, trying to stop you from escaping, you fell over a few times but you didn't stop fighting.

I've got so much honey
The bees envy me
I've got a sweeter song
Than the birds in the trees
Well, I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way
My girl, my girl, my girl
Talkin' 'bout my girl
My girl

as soon as you heard those last words, your hand reached the portal and everything went blank. you woke up, mid air, and fell to the ground. you still could hardly breathe. "y/n!" Steve shouted as you fell. you gasped for air, tears rolling down your face as you felt Steve's arms around you. "Steve, i can't breathe" you said, coughing as you spoke. he helped you sit up. "y/n. calm down baby. it's okay. follow my breaths. in through your nose and out through your mouth love" you heard him speak. you felt Max, Dustin and Lucas' hands on your back, trying to calm you down. once you finally calmed down, Dustin, Lucas and Max left you guys for a moment. you fell back onto Steve and cried on his shoulder. "i thought i'd lost you baby" he whispered, thick tears falling down his face. you shook your head as you cried. "i'm so sorry Steve. i came back for you. i couldn't leave you" you said, looking up at him. he kissed you passionately and checked the marks on your neck.

there were thick, red marks around it, they looked painful. "maybe we should take you home baby. i'll stay with you" he said, meeting your eyes. you nodded and he helped you up, you had a few cuts and bruises all over your body. it hurt to walk. Steve helped you all the way to the car and helped you get in. you were silent most of the way home. Steve sharing scared glances your way. you lent your head on his shoulder as he drove, everyone in the back trying to make their own conversation. you were home, you were safe, and you'd never been more thankful for Steve Harrington, the boy who saved your life.