"I'm outside."
Pierre hung up instantly, and I already knew that something was seriously wrong to be making Pierre's voice this shaky.

"Is everything okay?" Edward asked quietly. Even if the others were listening, he didn't want to interrupt the celebration by talking clear enough for anyone to hear without vampire hearing.

"Pierre is here."
We both exited the room and went outside, to see a dark Ford car with an airport rental sticker on the windshield, and the headlights shut off as Pierre stepped out of the car and turned the vehicle off. It was raining and dark since the sun went down so Edward and I stood on the porch for cover. He walked up the porch stairs and into the light.
He looked disheveled, he was a mess. His hair was wet and all over the place, his eyes were puffy and swollen, which was probably from a lot of venom that couldn't fall down his cheeks because vampires can't cry, he just looked more dead and.. distressed than any vampire I've ever come across and that's a lot of vampires.

"Oh my god, Pierre. What happened?" I tried to hug him but he pulled away from me and backed up.

"I know you're going to get a call soon, so I came here as fast as I could so you could hear it from me first."
Just then my phone began ringing. This started to feel like a horror movie and my pulse quickened as my heart rate picked up. I felt more scared and worried than I did when I had to go with the Volturi to protect Renesmee's life.

"Please don't answer it," he begged. I lifted the phone and placed it to my ear, keeping my eyes on Pierre.

"Hello?" I asked with a shaky breath.

"Hope. We have a situation. I got information Pierre is headed your way."
It's Samuel.

"He's already here."

"Listen to me. Whatever you do, do not let yourself be alone with him. If you are, go find some of your family as quickly as you can."

"Edward's here too," I responded. I was starting to freak out and fear for mine and my family's safety.

"Hope, the pack is gone. I'm the only one left. Pierre, Camille and Julia came to see me yesterday and Pierre ended up slaughtering all of them."
Time all of a sudden stopped and I didn't even release a breath. My eyes were held open wide in a state of shock.

"Hope I didn't mean to! I was threatened by them. Ask Camille or Julia, I promise you," he pleaded.

"Samuel I have to go, I will be in touch with you soon." After hanging up the phone with Samuel, I started feeling all the emotions. I was shocked, hurt, disappointed most of all because I felt like I'd failed. When I revealed myself and allowed myself to be who I was and what I was born to be, I'd devoted my protection and my support to this pack because it was my birthright. And then to have it destroyed by someone so close to me, knowing I wasn't able to protect them and do what I was supposed to do as an alpha, I know I failed and I let all of them down. I let Samuel down, the pack, even my parents. I disrespected their legacy by taking that role of leadership on and being in Forks, away from where I should have been.

"Please leave, I don't want to have to hurt you," I said to Pierre as I teared up. Speaking became painful as I held sobs down my throat. I truly messed up, and my chest felt so heavy. It hurt to look at my best friend, because he killed everyone and everything I stood for. Seeing him just reminded me of how much fault was on my shoulders even though he was the one who slaughtered my pack.