Chapter 5 - Sorrows and Lessons

Start from the beginning

Rick looked at Jean with a raised eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Mr. Anderson, your weapons seem to have massive benefits to them. They are far more practical than using a bow and arrow. I understand now why the Fatui use them." Jean stood up. "Rick, the weapons you possess are dangerous. Far more than any I've seen. How they rip through the monsters with ease. That of course extends to you as well. "

"Master Jean, you don't need to shower me with praise to make me feel better." Rick sighed. "Just please get to the point."

Jean nodded. "I want you to teach myself, and a few more of my knights, how to use them."

Rick sighed. "I figured..." He began pondering to himself for what seemed like 10 minutes before he continued. "Okay...I might have enough, but ammunition is another story. I can teach you all how to make it, but that's another thing entirely." He went silent. "Give me a few days, I will see what I come up with."

Jean frowned. "Mr Anderson, we might not have a few days before another attack."

"I will handle the situation if we do. I promise. I just need this time for myself." He said before walking out of the room.

Jean sighed, and a few seconds later, someone entered the room. "Well? What do you have to say, sister Rosaria?"

The woman known as Rosaria closed the door behind her. "He seems trustworthy, for the most part. There are still things he's hiding, that much I know."

Jean nodded. "I agree, so does Eula. Some things in his story don't seem to match up."

"For one, his story about multiple visions seems false. I have heard that while possible, those are extremely rare instances. I doubt that there is a whole army of people who can use multiple visions. Besides...one of his powers is definitely not a vision."

"The purple one."

Rosaria nodded. "Yes, the purple one."

Jean hummed. "What do you think it is?"

"I can tell you for one that it's not abyssal power. Abyssal power has a certain aura to it. You can sense that it's evil. This though...It's something different."

Jean hummed once more. . "Then, we have this." She opened a drawer and picked up a shard of ice. She shuddered before placing it on the table. "It's like ice, but something is different about it. Be careful when picking it up."

Rosaria nodded, and picked up the shard. Her eyes widened and she gasped. Her grip tightened around the shard, before she dropped it back on the table. "What is that? It's not cryo, that's for sure."

"I was hoping you'd be able to answer that. Rick said that they came from the monsters, but we saw none of them use this."

"Where did you get this from?"

"Eula brought it in. She said that she picked it up from a Fatui campsite. According to her and Mr. Anderson, they were experimenting with the monsters, before a few of them broke containment. Rick Anderson killed everything there." Jean said.

Rosaria hummed. "So he's ruthless...and we know nothing else about the shard?"

"Nothing other than the dark feeling I get from being around it, no." Jean said as she quickly put the shard back in the desk drawer. "And the fact that this is apparently a new development. From Mr. Anderson."

Rosaria nodded. "Thank you for the info...do you want me to watch him?"

Jean shook her head. "I trust Eula to tell me if he did anything suspicious."