13 : Confusion

Lan wangji was shocked. He watched as lan sizhui and lan jingyi looked through someone else's belongings without their permission.

"..... What do you think you're doing?"

Gasp, ah!

Turning around, sizhui and jingyi let out a gasp and shreak.

"Han-hanguang-jun!"

Lan wangji was standing beside the door to his room. He had come to check on Wei wuxian's condition when he stubbled upon this scene.

Their senior looked the same as usual, but the juniors knew he was very disappointed.

Finally after looking a bit shocked, the juniors noticed what they were doing.

Both of them blushed red in embarrassment. To think their senior had caught them breaking the rules!

In an unsure voice, lan sizhui began to speak.

"I- um. Hanguang-jun, we were just-"

Lan sizhui moved his arms around, in various motions. Almost as though he was trying to explain what he had done.

Lan wangji was disappointed. They seemed to care more about the fact that they had gotten caught, rather then feeling bad about invading Wei ying's privacy.

In a stern voice, lan wangji spoke, giving them their punishments.

"Enough. Go write the entire set of rules 5 times while doing handstands."

"The entire-!"

Lan jingyi couldn't help but let out some words in frustration.

The entire set of rules consisted of over 4000 rules. At least, that was what it seems like.

The 4000 rules, that are said to be all of the Gusu lan clan rules, were the rules carved onto the stone wall near the entrance.

But, there are many more inner clan rules as well. Things clan members will have to follow.

The 4000 rules, plus the additional inner clan rules were said to be the entire set of rules of the Lan clan.

Which were.... A lot.

Trying to complete all those rule even once would definitely take half a day without breaks. How were they meant to write it five times?!

Of course, sensing jingyi upcoming stream of words that their senior should definitely not hear, lan sizhui quickly intersected by speaking.

"Of course hanguang-jun. We apologise for breaking the rules."

Figuring lan wangji would want to rest as it was quite close to 9pm, lan sizhui grabbed the zoned out lan jingyi's arm, and dashed put of the jingshi.

"Jingyi, let's go!"

"Ah- wait-"

Not before bowing and wishing him goodnight of course.

Haaa

Lan wangji sighed.

Turning around, he looked at Wei Ying. He was still unconscious on the guest bed at the jingshi.

Wei wuxian wore clean clothes and had all his belongings next to him on a table.

Lan wangji went towards him and knelt down, observing his face.

There was a slight furrow on his eyebrows. He was panting just a bit. Almost as though he had a nightmare but not really.

The soft glow of the lantern made lan wangji aware of how pale he looked. But lan wangji was still a bit relieved.