-------

That evening they sat in silence for a long time on either side of the swing in the garden. And it swayed gently. The silence felt comfortable as each other's presence. The moments that passed between them in the morning needed no explanation. It was a quiet understanding, they reached. Shared pain and a promise to heal. It needed no words.

 After heated arguments and confessions, It almost seemed an hour before they took a step back, breaking the hold they had on each other. 

“I will unpack,” she muttered trying to catch her breath. It was an intimate moment. There is no denial. She didn't want to think more about it. And was glad he stepped out giving her much-needed space.

His ‘thank you didn't fail to reach her ears. And she acknowledged in silence.

-------

“I am sorry. I was harsh,” Swara apologized. In a bid to put across her point, she had been.

Sanskaar didn't answer for long, his eyes reading the grass intently. It felt like he didn't want to have a conversation.  And she felt bothered. They might have had a heated argument in the morning, but she knew when she had hurt someone. She had seen the pain in his eyes when she called him insensitive, which she chose to ignore in her sour mood. And he acknowledged all she accused him of which he didn't have to.

“No ! You were right mostly! Sanskaar turned to her, his eyes clear as opaque, “I have been bad to others, but …You were wrong about one thing.” 

I would never ever want my fate for someone else. I know how it feels to lose something precious. I might have turned blind to others' pain but I would never want anyone to lose a family. Never.” He gazed at her in silence, then turned his attention back to his feet.

She felt a sharp prick like those words had stung. She should have never said that. Words are strange, she thought. They can heal and hurt as well. And she had hurt him unintentionally. She didn't want to get away with a simple apology but there has to be a way to let him know. She was sorry.

 Her eyes moved to his hand next to her. And the first image that flashed in her mind was their entwined fingers in the morning. Why did she feel hesitant now? It was easy when thinking wasn’t involved. She placed her hand gently over his, doubtfully first. He didn't protest or pull back as their eyes met.

A look was exchanged. It was all said and done with no words needed. A heartfelt apology…and acceptance.

--------------------

Swara didn't know what prompted her to share her story with Sanskaar. Maybe because she knew they had this pain in common.  And he listened quietly, reading her face. The smiles, the tears, the love and fondness in her words as she talked about her family. 

“So Tara?” He paused.

“My sister's daughter. Now mine” Swara wiped a tear that spilled out. The best one in my life. She gave me a purpose. I love her so much”

“She loves you too..”  That earned him a small smile from Swara. He might not be good with words, but he was a keen observer. It was hard to miss the love shared between these two.

“I am sorry I am asking this”. He felt hesitant, not sure of her reaction. “What about Tara’s dad? You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to ..” He added. He had no intentions to hurt her, ever again.

“It's ok! Swara shrugged. That man never meant anything, not after what he made her sister go through. “He never came back, neither after death nor to look at Tara, not even once. And I am glad he didn’t. He must be somewhere with the money my baba gave him. I wouldn't have agreed in other circumstances to stay here but you know the bank mortgage. It's on me the installments if I have to keep the house. It's the last memory I have of them …I can't let it go and I lost my job too. I will not deny, that I felt scared. At times it felt like so much to handle …And I didn't have a way out. That’s when you came in. I am thankful .., Mr.Maheshwari that ..”

“Sanskaar! He corrected. “Call me Sanskaar! Please”

She took a minute at that. I need you, Swara. Those words echoed out of nowhere in her mind. He called her Swara. Why didn't she notice then? She didn't want to think of that moment. The flashes of them, how they gave into each other.

“Are we friends now ?” Swara teased him with a smile. She needed to feel at ease and this seemed the best way.

The equation definitely took a shift. The barrier which seemed to hold him back somehow just seemed to vanish. The atmosphere did not feel rigid or tense. She felt a sense of comfort. This was the first time she ever shared her thoughts out loud with someone, a stranger first, who no longer felt like one now.

Instead, it felt like ‘homecoming’

“Will that offer me some concessions from your sessions ?” He shook his head smiling knowing the answer already. Not strict Miss Bose he knew of, yet there is no harm in trying. Maybe he could get exempted from surprise tests.

“Now you are sounding like a businessman,” She took her time and his name gently rolled on her lips, “Sanskaar.”

He met her eyes and didn't feel like leaving…wondering how they always sparked with life and he wasn't going to deny the warmth he felt at that moment as his fingers met hers in response. It felt different, his name...from her. 

 It felt ‘home’.
___

Hope you liked the update .
Let me know your thoughts please

Few words and a star.
Next update on Thursday.

Love
Lucky