10. to someone who knows to much

Start from the beginning

"Of course, Eren. I'll do my duty to protect you, whatever it takes." Mikasa spoke up, taking a step closer. "I promised mom that I would always do that."

Before Eren could think up any rude comeback, you spoke. "You don't have to beg for us to believe in you." You mumbled. You were never great at being sappy, especially in lighter situations - now that you didn't have the chance of getting eaten at any second on top of the walls - you were finding it hard to comfort him. "We believe in you."

Armin nodded in agreement, "You're the only hope Humanity has left, Eren." The blonde always knew exactly what got the three of you motivated for anything. He could tell by the sudden spark in Erens eye that it worked, having him nodding his head before the brunette looked you all over, eyes lingering for a second as if it were his last day.

You placed a hand on his shoulder, finally thinking of just what to say. "Go out there and show humanity whose side your on." Now his attention was solely on you, eyes wide. "Even if you mess up, you've gotta keep your own goal in mind." He watched as you lifted the back of your palm up to his face - he should've expected you to flick his forehead, yet he didn't move.

"You're right..." He turned his body toward you now, ready to speak - but was interrupted before he could.

"Ackermann, we need you on the team protecting Jaeger." From what you could tell, it was another Garrison captain.  "Hop to it you four, we can't delay any further."

You weren't aware of any delays in plans, but you didn't take a second longer to turn with Armin, running along side with him with Mikasa and Eren ran the other away. Though instead of staying with the blonde, you had to separate - taking refuge along with straggling groups - the groups tasked with taking down any of those straggler titans that hadn't been attracted by the mass on the wall - or by Eren - who as far as you could hear, hadn't transformed yet.

Well... You expected to hear him transform. Based off of what you heard earlier, just some baseless speculation.

"Erens really a titan, huh?" Reiner asked beside you, sweat lining his face as he looked ahead of him. As if on cue, you heard it, the loud sound of thunder striking in the air followed by the sound of crashing. Alarming, but it wasn't as if you could run off to find Eren.

"I'm sure that answers your question..." You mumbled, eyes trained on the titan in front of you - since there was still a hole in the wall, you were sure that there were more and more pouring in by the second. Reiner didn't seem to be prying anymore to talk to you - talks between the two of you weren't very fruitful. He always tried to speak to you more - he always thought you were... Familiar. Similiar to someone he knew before - someone that wasn't quite you. But close enough.

"I'm not sure how I feel about this... How do we know Erens even on our side?" Reiner chuckled breathlessly, causing you to glance toward him, your eyes narrowing.

"The hells that supposed to mean? Think you can turn into a titan to save us?" You scoffed, not missing the way he stiffened under your gaze before you looked away. "Snap out of whatever land you're in, Reiner. Do you really think Eren would betray humanity because he can turn into a titan all of a sudden?" Although you weren't always the nicest wih Eren - instead opting to always tease and mock him - he was still your friend. A long-time friend you'd known even before your life had gone to shit.