Oh no

This may have been a mistake.

She should've just stayed home.

After she had accepted the fact that her two best friends wouldn't love her back, she spent the rest of the school day as normal.

Instead of staying at Sasha's house that day,(which Sasha nearly convinced her to do) she went straight home and asked her father if she could go out shopping for a suit.

Now, she's at JCPenny's ,hiding in a clothing rack of button down shirts, looking at Anne and Sasha looking around for dresses to wear to prom.

Just. Her. Luck.

She couldn't just walk up to them. She would be a mess talking to them. Plus, what happened a few hours earlier didn't exactly help the situation. So her best choice was to sneak around and find what she needed, which took around 5 minutes max. Though she also did get caught a few times, so that increased the time to 10 minutes.

She went to the other side of the store to check out, very sure that Anne and Sasha wouldn't be there.

Well guess who was there. Just frogging guess.

Right before she was going to pay the nice old lady, she heard a way to familiar voice call her name.

"Hey, Marbles!" Anne shouted to her.

She cringed at Anne's voice, slowly turning around after paying the lady. "H-Hi Anne..!" She stuttered. Way to go Marcy. Now she'll think you're weird.

Anne walked closer while Sasha kept on looking in between a green suit and a white dress, clearly struggling since they were both great choices.

"Funny seeing you here! Convenient how we were going so the same place, right?" She asked me, smiling brightly. God was her smile beautiful. If she was forced too, she would watch her smile until the end of time. Was that creepy? Oh gosh that sounded creepy didn't It.. wait, I'm taking way to long to respond!

This whole time I was zoning out, I was just staring at her with the most awkward face I could make, my face heated to a light red.

Anne looked confused, and then started to get worried. "Oh no.. are you okay marc? Your face is all red, are you sick?" Anne got closer, cupping Marcy's face to examine it, causing Marcy to turn even more red.

"Y-Yup..!" Marcy pushed Anne away, grabbing her things, "Perfectly fine..! I gotta go now, don't want my parents getting worried, haha..!" She quickly walked away, keeping her head down and covering her face with her hand.

Sasha walked up to Anne, looking to where Marcy ran off. "Weird.." Sasha commented.

"Yeah.. weird.." Anne mumbled under her breath, but loud enough for Sasha to hear. Marcy's been weird all day, and neither of them know why. They're both concerned for their friend, and want to help her, but they can't if they don't know what's going on.

For now, they'll shrug it off and pay for their clothes, talking about how fun prom is gonna be tomorrow.

~ At Marcy's house ~

She layed out her clothes on the bed, stepping back proceeding to  admire them.

The clothes she picked out for prom were a red button down, a red blazer with tails that were a bit of a darker shade than the shirt, a white bow tie, and some formal pants she fished from her closet.

And to top it all off, she had a pair of nice dress shoes with gold at the tips, and a top hat (which was optional but she liked it).

If she was going to ruin her life, might as well do it in style.