eleven | Suzie, Do You Copy?

Start from the beginning

"Okay," Jamie says as she reaches out and threads her finger in a sea of red hair. Max closes her eyes instantly at the feeling of Jamie's fingers in her hair, "We'll keep it between us."

"Are you okay with that?" Max asks.

"Of course," Jamie responds, "Whatever you're comfortable with, I'm comfortable with."

"Except skating," Max replies as she looks at Jamie. The cheerleader lets out a laugh and nods her head.

"Except that."

Max smiles as she sits up, "We should probably head over to the mall."

"Okay," Jamie says as she stands from the bed, "Race you downstairs?"

Max stands from the bed, "That's so immature, we're better than thatt-"

Jamie watches as Max takes off downstairs midsentence and her jaw drops as she chases after Max who was giggling. 

"I win!" Max exclaims

"You cheated!" Jamie yells.

Axel Edwards looks at the two girls, a sandwich in hand, "Where are you two headed?"

"Mall," Jamie answers.

"Fun," Axel says, "Need any cash?"

"I'm good," Jamie answers.

Axel holds his sandwich out to Jamie, "Need a sandwich?"

"Um no," Jamie says as she looks at it. Axel holds the sandwich out to Max, "She doesn't need a sandwich either!"

Jamie grabs Max's arm and drags her toward the front door and Axel watches with a frown as he looks down at his sandwich, "They didn't mean it, buddy. They don't know you're absolutely delicious."

The two of them share a look and both giggle as they grab their bikes and head off toward Starcourt Mall. When they get there, Lucas is tying his bike up on the rack and he's also wearing the shirt Jamie got him from the Hamptons.

"Lucas!" Jamie says as she runs over and embraces him. He seems startled by the hug but relaxes into it when he catches the scent of Jamie's shampoo which smelled nice. Really nice.

"Hi Jamie," Lucas greets as he hugs her back. She steps away from the embrace and Lucas looks over at Max with a shy smile, "Hey."

"Hey," Max says nodding her head as she looks around, "Where are the others?"

"Mike is probably making out with El and Will is-"

"Right here!" Will says as he jogs over to them. Jamie wraps an arm around Lucas's shoulder, the two of them now the same height after Lucas's resounding growth spurt and Jamie just staying in place.

"That's four down," Max says, "One to go."

They wait outside the mall for Mike for what feels like fifteen minutes when they finally see their other friend peddling hard and fast. He jumps off of his bike and parks it beside Jamie's on the rack.

"You're late," Lucas says.

"Sorry!" Mike apologizes.

"Again," Lucas states.

"We're gonna miss the opening," Will says.

"Yeah if you guys keep whining about it. Let's go!" Mike says as he walks toward the mall.

"If you guys keep whining about it," Lucas mimics and Jamie chuckles as she turns him toward the mall and kicks him gently in the butt.

"Let me guess," Lucas says, "You were busy-" He begins making kissing noises and Jamie looks over at Max who gives her a look that all but says I told you so.