Part 2

Persephone

"Okay! Here we are," Aurelius gestured at the forest. It really seemed like it was never ending. "the Never Ending Forest!"

By now, I had kind of calmed down about all the problems that happened this morning. So I made an attempt to cheer. "Yay!" Except it sounded more like a whisper.

This is how I imagined it, just listen to Fluttershy (that's the yellow pony with the pink hair) cheering. That's what Persephone did :)

"Huh?" Aurelius sounded confused. "What did you say?"

"Yay!" I cheered again, now a lot louder.

"Yeah, yay!" Aurelius agreed. "Now, let's go in."

So we walked into the Never Ending Forest, and I looked back at the little town I lived in. I was going to miss it.

"Uh, Persephone?" Aurelius asked, waving a hand in front of my face. "We need to leave, like, now!"

"Y-you're right." I tore my gaze away from the houses. "I have a minute left for me to get into the forest before they hunt me down, and burn me alive."

Aurelius looked surprised. "That's kinda mean. I mean, for what?"

"They're convinced I murdered someone." My tone screamed I don't want to talk about it.

"Oh."

We entered the forest in silence.

I saw the sign Do Not Enter. The City Council Offers NO Protection Beyond This Point. Any Torturing, Mauling, and Killing Will Be At YOUR Expense.

"Hmm," I pulled out a bottle of water from my suitcase. "So, are you the Aurelius of the really big mansion?" 

"Yeah, why?"

"I've heard that you have every power imaginable!"

"Oh, that? Yeah. Mmhm, yeah." Aurelius sounded very suspicious.

"Right... Can I see?" I asked eagerly. I, as a powerless person, would just love to see actual powers.

"Uh, sure! Just-" 

Cliffhanger. Dun dun DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN! But before you leave, here's a haiku I saw at Yosemite! (No, seriously, it was actually there, and this is exactly what it said)

DAILY HAIKU

A HAIKU FOR AN OWL

Hoot, hoot — hoot, hoot, hoot

hoot, hoot, hoot, hoot, hoot, hoot, hoot

Hoot... hoot..

HOOT! HOOT! HOOT!

-Ranger Jacob