The crew pull up on scene hopping out as a woman meets the two squad lieutenants.

"The ground just collapsed" the woman explains leading the two to a large sinkhole, "okay" carter responds, "get back, get back" kelly warns some onlookers, "we got a sinkhole, guys, get these cars moved in case of a secondary collapse" kelly instructs, "I tried to get close, but the ground started to pour in" the woman explains as she follows the two to the squad, "she your neighbor?" carter asks, "our mail lady" the woman says, kelly and hermann place a large wood board down in front of the hole and kelly gets down onto his front, carter following suit, "help me, please hurry! somebody, help me! help me, please" the trapped woman begs, "lieutenants Kelly Severide and Carter Strand, Chicago Fire Department, we're gonna work on getting you out" kelly explains, "what's your name?" carter asks, "Sylvia, I need to get out of here, It's getting hard to breathe" the woman explains, "hey, air struts and shoring, right now" kelly instructs, the crew carry over two pieces of shoring, "Is that all we got?" kelly asks, "that's it" capp confirms, "that won't be enough" carter says as more of the soil falls, "get us more boards!" kelly instructs, "grab anything you can get" matt instructs, "please help me" the woman begs, the crew carry over ladders and put the air struts in place as herrmann and otis carry over a large fence piece, "get me goggles now!" carter instructs watching as tony grabs a pair from the squad and runs over with them handing them to kelly, "hey, Sylvia, put these on to protect your eyes" kelly instructs as he passes the goggles down to the woman who puts them on, "up on green, It's in" herrmann says, "okay, go ahead down, check the shoring" boden instructs, carter watches nervously as kelly climbs down, "all right, chief, good to go" kelly confirms, matt climbs down carrying an oxygen tank for the woman who puts the mask on as kelly and matt begin digging her out, "send that line down now" carter instructs watching as cruz sends it down, "here's the line, lieutenant" cruz says, the crew wait anxiously as matt and kelly attach the line to the woman as more soil falls around them, "all right, get her out of here" kelly instructs, "pull her out, pull her out now" boden instructs watching as the crew pull the woman up which allows severide and casey to climb out quickly as more soil falls.

Kelly knocks on the door to shay's hospital room with Carter at his side both with matching smiles plastered across their faces.

"Hey" shay greets as the two enter the room, kelly pulls out a bouquet of flowers from behind his back, "you're up" kelly says with a bright smile, "yeah" shay nods with a chuckle as kelly hands her the flowers and places a kiss on her cheek, "hi, they're so beautiful, thank you" shay says as gabby prepares to exit the room, "be good to get you home, the place feels really empty without hipster music blasting from your room" kelly explains with a laugh, "what he means is it'll be good to get you home whenever you feel ready and want to come back" carter corrects, "I'm still gonna stay with Dawson, Kelly, I think the way we left it is best" shay says causing kelly to exit the room, "I should hurry up and go after him, he's kinda my ride back to 51 but whenever you're ready to come back to the apartment it'll be good to have you home, I'll swing by with some clothes for you after shift" carter muses, "thank you" shay says as carter exits the room meeting Kelly in the corridor, "let me know if you hear any more updates" kelly instructs walking away from gabby, "please" carter adds following kelly, "are you high?" gabby asks causing kelly to turn around and face her, "what?" kelly asks, "you've got pin point pupils" gabby says stepping closer, "are you out of your mind?" kelly asks, "you didn't answer the question" gabby narks, "I'm worried about Shay, Is that okay with you?" kelly asks frustratedly proceeding, "he's not high, he's on an adrenaline come down from the call we had this morning and we were up to stuff in our office before you called to say shay was awake" carter defends as she follows kelly.

Kelly lays on the couch making out with carter, the two only in their underwear as kelly pulls away to admire carter.

"Damn I'm glad you're mine" kelly informs, "yeah, me too, I was tired of ignoring my feelings" carter explains, "how stupid were we?" kelly asks, "not stupid just cautious and worried" carter corrects, "really?" kelly asks, "yeah, we had no idea if both of us felt the same way about each other" carter explains, "so we turned to hook ups?" kelly asks, "basically but we were cautious because of work it could've made it awkward" carter clarifies, "ah" kelly nods, "you know, it's funny, cause we've not been together for long, but it just feels like longer, doesn't it?" carter asks, "yeah" kelly agrees, "my stomach was in knots just thinking about what you were going to say when you came into my room that night" carter admits as she runs her hand down kelly's face proceeding to sit on top of him, "did you think I was just coming in to blow off steam cause the date hadn't gone well?" kelly asks, "yeah, I guess I did" carter clarifies, "so then, would you have turned me down?" kelly asks, "maybe, now my stomachs in knots again" carter says, "hey, there's no one else I wanted this with, it's you, only you and that's how it's gonna stay" kelly explains taking carters hands and pressing a kiss to her knuckles, "really?" carter asks, kelly nods, "so then should I pop open a new bottle of tequila to celebrate us?" carter asks, "absolutely" kelly agrees, "yeah?" carter checks, "yeah" kelly confirms, carter places a hand on his face and leans down meeting him in a kiss as he returns one watching as carter gets off him wrapping the blanket around her waist and heads into the kitchen, in the evening kelly holds carter tight from behind as she watches the chicago nightlife from the large windows, he lets go and picks up the pill packet.

Carter and Kelly enter the common area, carter leads kelly to where gabby stands by the sink helping mills clear up.

"you got a sec?" kelly asks quietly, gabby looks at the two before nodding and following the two lieutenants outside, "um, I need help" kelly admits, "you got it" gabby agrees, the alarm goes off as kelly nods, "truck 81, squad 3, battalion 25, ambulance 61, traffic accident, university village marketplace" the alarm announces as the 3 split up heading to the ambulance and the squad truck.

The three lieutenants, otis and herrmann gather next to boden as a man runs up to them.

"He drove right through, through everything" the man reveals, "he hit that child, didn't even stop" another man adds, "get him out of there, come on" someone in the crowd shouts, "crowd control, before they kill that man" boden instructs the truck team, "Severide, Strand, get your men on that storefront glass" boden instructs, "Hadley, Capp, let's go" kelly instructs, carter pulls a canvas shield out of the truck as kelly grabs the pike pole, capp and hadley hold the canvas shield over the man as kelly removes all the remaining glass with the pike pole, capp and hadley remove the canvas shield moving it away from the man, "all right, boys, glass is cleared, treat the victim" carter tells the waiting paramedics watching as her team dispose of the glass and put the equipment away and join the truck team in crowd control as gabby and mills try to get their patient to the ambulance, a large man refuses to move on casey's instructions, "all right, everybody, back now!" kelly shouts, "we're not going anywhere" the man says getting up in kelly's face, "back up, or I'll knock you on your ass" kelly warns causing the man to get even closer, "pass me an I.V" casey instructs, gabby passes him one and he edges closer to the man, "sir?" matt asks , "what?" the man asks, "I need your help, we're short on medics right now" matt explains, "you're crazy, man" the man remarks, "hold this I.V bag high in the air to start the flow of saline, we use it to help the victims" casey orders giving a brief explanation, "you sure? man, give me this" the man muses taking the I.V bag off casey holding it high in the air, "like this?" the man asks, "perfect, all right, back up, let's give him some room" matt instructs, "yeah, give me some room, people" the man orders, "back up for the medics" kelly instructs, "you heard the man, back up for the medics" the man repeats, "medics coming through back up!" carter orders, "back up people back up!" the man instructs.

Carter, Kelly and Gabby rush from the station to the hospital after shift to collect shay, the three stand in the exit way as shay gets out the wheelchair heading over to the trio.

"What's going on?" shay asks, "we have a great plan" gabby declares.

Carter sits next to shay on the couch as kelly jogs down the stairs with a pillow in hand for shay.

"An epic arctic hurricane, all-time low king crab supply, and two mutinies aboard ship" shay reads the description of the movie causing her two best friends to laugh, "awesome, see, this is why we're best friends, Kendra, sweet as she is, she gets me Pride and Prejudice" shay explains, "no way" carter says, "nah" kelly adds, "yeah, I mean, get to know me already" shay remarks causing carter to laugh as kelly hands shay the ice cream the two had bought for the woman, "what? and mint chocolate chip ice cream? I mean, what are we talking about here?" shay asks, "welcome home" kelly muses, "it's great to have you back" carter adds, "you know I'm gonna be with you every step of the way, right, Kelly, just like carter's gonna be" shay asks, "I'm meeting with the surgeon next week, they say they can get the whole procedure on the books soon after, and I got to get Boden involved" kelly explains taking his seat next to carter and shay, "and, the painkillers, I'm gonna go cold turkey, but if I feel like I'm gonna slip on a banana peel, the union has an employee assistance program for substance abuse, Dawson looked into it" kelly explains, "I am so damn proud of you, Kelly, and if I were straight, I'd throw the biggest hump into you right now but I'm not so I'll let Carter do that later" shay declares causing the couple to laugh with her, "I really don't know what I would've done if anything happened to you" kelly admits, "I felt the exact same way" shay agrees, "I was so lost without you, it was terrifying" carter confesses, kelly places a kiss to each woman's hand, shay reciprocating it smiling at the two as kelly wraps his free arm around shay bringing her in closer as he uses the other arm to pull carter in closer, "Kelly Severide and his two absolute babes" shay remarks laughing, "you know charlie's angels?" carter asks, shay nods, "severide's angels" carter remarks.

Sorry for the late update yesterday was hectic I had a very busy travel day and today has also been hectic!