The Guardian and The Scarlet Witch

Start from the beginning

America knocks on the open door - a corner smile and an arched eyebrow as she finds you two kissing - and you break apart but Wanda holds you tightly in her arms.

"We're going to be late if you two keep making out." Warns the child, and you and Wanda exchange embarrassed giggles.

"We'll be out in a second." The redhead tells her. "Why don't you go wait in the car?"

The girl holds up a warning finger, muttering for you two not to go back to kissing but as soon as she leaves the room that is exactly what you do. You and Wanda exchange contented giggles in between kisses until you work up the courage to let go.

"Come on, let's not leave our kid waiting." You tell her sweetly, missing the way the redhead blushes because you're turning to the exit.

—----

You watched Wanda trying to learn how to fish from a distance, more precisely from the upstairs bedroom window.

Erik's farm was simple but very beautiful. Besides the main house, it also had a barn and a hen house. The large lake around it was the best part. So far, everything had gone very well with everyone. After lunch, Wanda - who was much more comfortable with her twin brother and father now - accepted the invitation to sit next to them on the deck, and you smiled as you could hear the sound of her laughter even from inside the house.

America and you decided to give the three of them some time alone, and this was because Erik had another younger daughter - the almost intimidating Lorna Dane - who was at this moment showing the curious Chavez her collection of records and cassette tapes.

Lorna is a teenager, a few years older than America, and she was a little wary of meeting another version of her sister, but with a bit of conversation, she seemed to be growing into it.

"[...] I've got some Radiohead and Nirvana in those, but there's only David Bowie in this one." Explained the green-haired girl to America, who was practically jumping with excitement, holding all the tapes that Lorna handed her like they were gold. "You can listen to as many as you want and give it back to me when you're done."

America hesitated, and looked at you - sitting in the balcony window with a mug of Witch Mead that Erik served to everyone and you loved, and the attention outside on Pietro teaching Wanda how to correctly place the worm lures - before looking at Lorna again.

"I can't borrow it, sorry. We don't... stay in one place for very long." She said to the other, and Lorna blinked in surprise.

But seeing the other's somewhat crestfallen expression as she holds out her hands to return the tapes, Lorna smiles, moving her hand to push America's hand back.

"Tell you what, let's listen to a few now until you decide which one you like best." She says. "And when you choose, you can keep it. It'll be like a gift, so you don't forget about this universe."

"Really? Thank you!" Chavez celebrates, hugging Lorna for a moment and attracting your attention by the noise. You watch the scene with a smile on your face, and just as Chavez sits in front of a radio to listen to the tapes, you mutter that you're going downstairs to return the mug.

Eventually, you decide to take care of the lunch dishes, and just a few minutes later, the older Maximoff is walking into the kitchen looking for some beers.

"Hey, Y/N."

"Hey, you didn't have to." Pietro says as soon as he spots you washing the dishes, but you just shrug, smiling at him before your attention briefly turns back to the kitchen window, from where you can now see Erik and Wanda sitting side by side, seemingly talking to each other.