phase one, 5:00 AM. phase two, 9:00 AM

Comenzar desde el principio

"Well, somehow I don't think it will convince my Dad. And time is pressing, Heyi," said San, a note of urgency in his voice. "My parents are meeting with their lawyers, the Huenings, in the morning, and—"

San stopped talking as the waitress appeared. They placed their orders quickly. San ordered a double cheeseburger and onion rings. Wooyoung just ordered an iced tea. Ever since this heat wave began, he hadn't had much of an appetite. The waitress set down a plate of fries and a strawberry shake in front of Heyi.

"Sorry, I went ahead and ordered without you." Heyi said apologetically, indicating her food. "I was kind of hungry."

San nodded his head impatiently. "So, as I was saying," he continued as soon as the waitress was out of earshot. "My parents are meeting with their lawyers tomorrow. They've already separated. Mom's been living in a house across town for a week. Now they just have to make it legal and it's all over."

"Well, we just can't let that meeting take place, can we?" said Heyi confidently.

"But how in the world can we stop it?" Wooyoung asked.

"Simple," Heyi said. She waved a fry dramatically in the air, knocking over her strawberry shake. The thick pink liquid flowed smoothly across the table and made its way toward the edge of the table.

Heyi jumped up quickly and bumped San's water glass with her elbow. The ice water spilled out of the glass just as the strawberry shake dripped all over San's tan cotton pants. "Nice work, Einstein," said San, standing up and wiping himself off.

Heyi glowered at him, grabbing all of the paper napkins out of the metal holder on the table and frantically mopping up the mess.

Wooyoung ran to find the waitress, who arrived promptly with a busboy in tow. Heyi sat stony-faced as they efficiently wiped up the table and mopped the floor. "Did you have to call an army?" she hissed to her brother.

"We're so sorry," Wooyoung told the waitress graciously. "Thanks so much for your help."

"No problem," she said, smiling. "Accidents happen."

"Yeah, Heyi," San said when the waitress had gone. "You're an accident happening."

"Well, at least I'm happening," Heyi retorted. "And not a dull, stuffy bore like some people I know."

"Okay, Okay," said Wooyoung, holding up his hands. "We didn't come here to bicker. We came here for a reason."

"Humph," said Heyi, getting fed up. Here she was wasting her time with San when she could be dazzling Yunho in the corner. "Well, I certainly didn't come here to be insulted. Especially when I'm doing someone a favor." She glared at San, who glared back.

"Come on," said Wooyoung patiently. "Heyi, San, let's call a truce."

"A San truce," Heyi said, laughing at what she said. San wasn't amused.

"Could we just get on with it?" he said in an irritated tone.

"Yeah," agreed Wooyoung. "So what's the plan?"

"Well," said Heyi, "let's get the facts straight first." She paused for a moment, considering the situation. "So your parents are meeting with their lawyers, the-what's their name the Hammings?"

"The Huenings," San corrected, rolling his eyes. "Nabil David Huening and Jung Yeonju. I can't believe you haven't heard of them. They're a very well-known divorced lawyer team with a sterling reputation. They're very good friends of my par-" San stopped. "Or, they were..."

"Who's representing whom?" asked Wooyoung.

"I think Mr. Nabil is representing Mom, and Mrs. Yeonju is representing my Dad," San said.