iii. 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐌𝐄

ابدأ من البداية

    Soon enough, Maverick announces that Phoenix is out and that is followed by a string of curse words.

    "Shit. Phoenix, I can't see him, how close am I?" Hangman asks.

    "I'm dead, dickhead." I can hear Phoenix's smirk through the radio.

    "See you in the afterlife, Bagman." Bob teases.  And with that, Maverick announces that Hangman is out.

    After a few more rounds of pilots getting out very quickly, It's finally my turn. And of course, I'm paired with Rooster. My nerves are buzzing and out of control as I get into my aircraft. I strap on my blue and red helmet that I haven't worn in ages. I missed it. I take a deep breath, and leave my anxiety outside of my F-18 as the canopy comes down. Let's do this, Riot.

    "Good afternoon, Rooster." I greet my partner once we are up in the air. "Are you having a nice experience flying with Maverick?" I look over at his plane and see him scowling at me.

    "Yes, just peachy." He rolls his eyes and looks around. "Now, where the hell is he?"

    "Been here the whole time." Maverick announces as his plane comes up from in between us. He flips over so his plane is directly on top of roosters, so they can see each other through the glass canopies. "See me now? Come on, let's get this over with."

    "Fights on!" And with that, the two start going at each other, flying directly into the ground. They dance around each other, descending scarily close into the hard deck.

    "The hard deck is at 5,000 feet, fellas. You are running out of room." I remind them as I follow them down.

    "Your strategy is about to run us into the ground." Maverick warns. Despite the warning, Rooster keeps getting dangerously near the ground. Maverick pulls up and soon enough, so does Rooster.

    "Now you got it, Rooster. Don't think, just do."

    I follow the two of them as they start chasing each other. Rooster seems to have the upper-hand so I try to encourage him.

    "Rooster, you have him. Drop down and take the shot." After he blatantly ignores me, I repeat myself. "Drop down and take the shot!"

    Rooster waits too long so I drop down and put myself between them. Maverick flies up and behind me. And Rooster warns me that he's on me.

    "I can see that, do something about it, Rooster!" I do a few spins to get him off of me, but Rooster is not helping at all.

    "Come on Rooster, you've got to talk to me!"

    Maverick was still chasing me so I dropped down below him, dangerously close to the hard deck.

    "Rooster, get in there!"

    "...."

Maverick flies up and locks onto Rooster.

    "Damn it!" He says defeated, but I don't feel bad. I start to chase after Maverick. I have the upper-hand and I'm in the perfect position to shoot, but Rooster just has to open his goddamn mouth.

    "Take the shot, Riot!" I was so frustrated by his lack of communication earlier that I let his sudden outburst distract me, letting Maverick take the upper-hand. With an insane amount of beeping coming from my aircraft, I was out.

    "Son of a bitch." I mutter.

-¯'★'¯-

    BACK ON THE GROUND, I was beyond pissed off. I walked over to Rooster who was waiting for me to start our forfeit, but I was about to give him a piece of my mind.

    "You looked pretty good up there, Riot." He smirked at me. Did he really just say that? Back on the ground I guess he got his confidence back, and apparently forgot about the whole flying blind fiasco five minutes ago.

    "Rooster, what the hell was that up there?" He seemed a bit taken back by my comment. "We used to fly together all the time, and it was nowhere near as hard as it was today."

    "Well, Maverick is just an ass. We'd better get used to it."

    "No, that's not what I'm talking about." I huffed. "You didn't talk to me up there! No 'Hey Riot, I'm a wimp and won't go any faster so I can't help you out with this guy on your ass'

    "I felt like I was flying blind, Rooster. You're no better than Hangman right now. I know you hate Mavericks guts, but you need to get over it. When we're up in the air you can't just wallow in your hatred, you need to be helping out your team!"

    "..I'm sorry." He stammered as I sat down next to him. "He pulled my papers, May, I'm still so-"

    "That was years ago, Bradley. I'm sure he did it for a good reason. I mean, you got to go to Top Gun with me, so I don't understand why you're so upset." I shrug getting into position to do push ups, nodding at Hondo who was making his way over here.

    "I guess you're right." He says, following suit.

    "Are you two love birds done arguing like a married couple yet?" Hondo teases. My eyes go wide as I start my pushups.

    "Ha, ha."

    "Oh come on, Riot. I know you're in love with me." Rooster jokes.

    "In your dreams, Bradshaw."

A/N

A/N

this chapter is definately not my favorite but it's here. I'm struggling writing the flying scenes so bear with me!

how are we feeling about May and Bradley's relationship? I'm going for a slow burn so, be prepared for that

-cj