Wishfull drinking

Mulai dari awal

You take a deep breath, opening up the door. As soon as you walk down the staircase, you feel as all eyes are glued on you. They probably aren't but it feels so empowering.

You look around, searching for faces in the crowd you know, when you spot Tony and Steve. They're both looking at you in complete shock. Steve is probably because he's never seen you in a dress like this. And Tony is because he has seen you in a dress like this, right before he tore it off you.

"All eyes are on you" Natasha whispers.

She grabs your hand as you walk to the bar grabbing yourself a cocktail before heading to the dance floor. You've never felt so free and careless.

"Can i steal her for moment"

You turn around and see Steve standing in front of you. Natasha looks at you with a satisfied smile.

"She's all yours" she chuckles as she walks away. Winking subtly at you.

"Captain"

"Agent"

You both chuckle nervously.

"I know I'm about seventy years too late, but would you like to dance?" He asks softly.

"Better late than never right" you smirk. Grabbing his hand and placing it on your waist.

"You'll still have to teach me, I wouldn't want to step on your toes"

"I'm sure you'll do just fine Steve"

You begin moving to the music, as he stand awkwardly trying to follow the Rhythm, you place your hand on his hips, trying to loose him up a little. And soon enough he melts into your touch, letting his body move for him.

"See you're a natural" you smile.

You let your hands run up to his neck, dancing against him.

"This isn't exactly how I thought I'd be dancing with you" he admits, still feeling a little self conscious.

"Alright follow me" you smile.

You grab his hand walking out to the balcony. It's a little chilly outside, but the view over the city makes it worth it. It's never dark in the city, the thousand of lights from cars and skyscrapers lights up everything. But nothing compares to watching the stars shining on the night sky.

"Alright dance with me"

"Here?" Steve chuckles nervously. "There's no music"

You start humming I'll never smile again. As you place your hands around his neck, waiting for him to place his on your waist.

"Come on"

"I don't really know what to do" Steve admits.

You smile, as you show him exactly what to do, as you're swaying slowly back and forth, resting your head on his chest.

"The last thing I thought about that night was that I'd never get to dance with you.. get to tell you how much I liked you" Steve explains.

You look up at him.

"I was to afraid to ask you out, you knew me when I was nothing, why should you want me"

You tighten your grip around his neck.

"I knew you when you were everything.. it was hard you know ...watching you loose that part of yourself just to please people" you say quietly.

"I just wanted to impress you" he admits.

"You didn't need to, I was already impressed by you"

"Really?"

You take a step closer towards him, feeling how his heart starts racing in his chest.