Alex, looked up for the first time since Max came out, tears still in her eyes and her skin was more pale but she leant forward and connected their lips, it was short but passionate, more of a forgiveness kiss between the pairs.

Their moment was interrupted by Mike shouting through the broken windows. "Guys! Guys!" He called, the rest of the gang a few steps behind, "Dustin radioed, but we only got a few words."

"Where is he?" Max asked, helping Alex to walk as they went back inside.

"We don't know," Nancy explained from a step in front of the pair, "we need el to find them

"I'll find a bandanna," Max says, leaving on her own with the group, making her suddenly feel self conscious, she had only talked it through with Max, the rest just looked at her pityingly.

~~

"The movies?" Lucas asks confused, rolling his cart of fireworks, making Alex smile a bit at the idea, fire was always a good suggestion. "Dustin's so freaked out about the gate he decides to watch a movie? Yeah makes total sense."

"Your positive he said gate and not great?" Max said to Mike as she relinked her hands with Alex's knowing the girl needed touch to calm down.

"Yeah, like this movie I'm watching is great?" Will suggested, having an idea that makes more sense.

"Sounded like gate," El said definitely as they left the store.

"Which would explain how the mind flayers still alive," Mike says to them.

"The we just have to shut it again," Nancy says, building off her brother's point.

"Then it dies," Will finishes with a sigh.

"But if not we have Lucas' fireworks!" Max adds, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Keep mocking it," Lucas says, glaring at the ginger, "Keep mocking it. I wanna hear you say it again cause you keep doubting me. Keep doubting it!"

"I for one am completely for the fireworks," Alex adds in, smiling slightly.

"See!" Lucas says, pointing to her, sticking his tongue out at Max.

Max rolled her eyes, "Obviously, she's essentially a pyromaniac," Max quips, receiving a glare from Alex.

~~

When they reached the mall, they snuck in through a back entrance, seeing two armed guards waiting at the entrance. They rushed up the stairs haphazardly, having to support two injured people in their haste.

El stepped forward to the end of the balcony, having spotted four men, armed with guns as they aimed it at a stall. It had to be the one Dustin was hidden in. The girl raised her hand, making the car in the mall to shake and whir before flying into all the men, killing them on impact.

The rest of the gang rushed forward, looking over the balcony and to their surprise saw Dustin, stood with Steve, Robin, Atlas and Erica.

As soon as she saw her brothers she let go of Max and sprinted down the escalator and ignored the pain in her stomach. Atlas met her at the bottom, hugging her tight as he lifted her off the floor a little.