009. Made for Loving You..

Start from the beginning

"Look, I know it's not our style-"

"You want us to throw away our trademark!"

"Blasphemy."

The accusations kept rolling in until Richie's loud voice boomed above the ruckus stirred by the most sacrilegious idea Eddie tried to bring to the table. "And for what?"

"Not for what," Eddie locked eyes hopefully with Richie. "For who." That line did not undo the confusion weighing down the mood of his band until it became rather obvious cracks were shattering their confidence before going on stage. With or without a crowd, playing was pure adrenaline.

"For Billie," Eddie clarified, making a grand gesture with both his hands. "Come on, guys," he didn't like the silence he was given. "I just found out that she enjoys that band and KISS is easy to play for us. This is one of her favorite songs from them and I know it. It's the least we can do for her for being so supportive with what we do. I really want to play this for her and if I am going to do it, might as well bring the whole experience, which I cannot do unless you three help me."

Richie, Jeff and Gareth shared a couple of looks. It hurt knowing Jeff was right with his improbable theory, but there it was... the miracle showed itself to them clearly at last. Eddie Munson was absolutely in love with his Billie Jean. Then, Richie recalled thinking, who were they to stand between him and his happiness?

Silence built up uncomfortably after his rushed words cramming the conglomeration of Eddie's thoughts and ideas.

The shock wore off and Richie finally smiled though.

Then Jeff laughed, "Called it."

"What?" Cluelessly, Eddie didn't follow at first. After all, his heart almost stopped beating thinking that he'd see his own bandmates call him insane for the obvious: he was in love with Billie Carter.

He's really been since the day they met. He knew, from the moment that he pictured her beneath him countlessly, but still stopped himself from acting on impulses which she would have been perceptive to either way, that he was in deep trouble. Patience, dedication, loyalty, passion; those made for an explosive mix.

Almost two months passed since they met and Eddie Munson was sure now: he was absolutely crazy. Crazy for falling for this smart, upper class girl. Crazy for considering something serious, but fun.

Crazy for her.

Gareth sighed, "Just..." He got up and his hands found his own hips as anchors, "Make sure we're your best men at the wedding, alright?"

With wide eyes, Eddie looked up at his taller friend. His eyes only slowly started to narrow, meaning that, word my word, everything was sinking in. The calmer he got, the more he understood, and then, panic turned right back into excitement, making his smile return in flashing brightness.

"Hell yeah!"

And there she was. They got on stage and Billie Carter was all smiles, innocent to what Eddie got them to help him with. She was dressed as neatly as ever: a button up white shirt, long sleeves, tucked into the waistband of dark pants. Then the beat started and she recognized the tempo right away. Eddie didn't look, not until the lyrics would start -he was building confidence for it with every single drumming of the music vibrating into his heart and pumping that blood faster, getting that adrenaline going as smoothly as a hum, chanting and channeling what he's been holding back for so long-, but Richie saw it.

Billie's smile turned into a visible gasp. Her eyes were glued on Eddie and perhaps it became too obvious that seeing him feel one of her favorite songs was an aphrodisiac. That was when his bandmates also knew, with relief, that she was going to love him exactly how anyone deserves to be loved. She was worth the song.