New Year Special: Overcrowded Mall

Start from the beginning

Exactly like how my asian mom is disappointed at me every single time lmao xd

To her relief, Daniel, who came out of nowhere, took both her hands gently as he guide Nari, giving her a sweet smile to calm her down at-least, seeing that both of her legs were shaking. Who would've though that the 'perfect' Shin Nari doesn't know how to skate?

"Danny, you're here?"

"Yeah, my othe- I mean roommate went home to celebrate the New Year with his mom and I have nothing to do so..."

Daniel explained as Nari nods, signifying she was able to comprehend.

"Nari, you can use this."

Nari was able to perceive Jace's voice behind her. She turned around and was met with the familiar faces of the Burn Knuckles. All of them having the same penguin skating aid she had as they waved at her in excitement.

"Hi Nari! You're here to skate too?!"

'Ugh! Too bright!'

"Yes Vasco, I see that you're here to skate too."

She answered the male with her face stoic as she wore one of Vin's sunglasses, blinded by the cinnamon roll's smile.

"You can use mine, Nari. I don't need it anyway." Jace repeated, handing her the penguin aid. She sniffled and threw herself to him.

"Jace! You're the best!"

The said male can only hug her back with his face flushed. A tear dropped from Vasco's eye while Zack and the others decided to approach Nari now that the two, mostly the asshole wearing sunglasses is now out of the picture. Turns out that skating with the group is a lot more fun than she thought it would be.

 Turns out that skating with the group is a lot more fun than she thought it would be

She bid her friends a good bye when the two came back. They still have a couple of hours before midnight strikes and they decided to waste that couple of hours at the mall's arcade.

Although, the trio stopped on their tracks when they saw where the loud banging noises came from. Inside the arcade, a blonde guy continuously kicks and punches the claw crane as the guards held his arms, trying to pry him off the pitiful thing. Behind him stood a guy with black slicked back hair, looking disappointed.

"Ayo Vin, they reminded me of us three" Mary stated.

"What?"

"The black haired guy. That's exactly how we look like everytime you disappoint us."

"Fuck you."

They decided to ignore the ruckus and mind their own business. They tried everything inside and wasted a lot of tokens. They were horrible, very horrible except to those games that requires strength.

As they were playing the basketball machine, Nari stopped on her tracks and watched the father and daughter playing the same game near them. The kid was sitting on her father's shoulder as they both shoot the balls into the hoops. Noticing Nari's attention somewhere else, Vin snickered and tried to make fun of his friend.

"You want to do that too huh? What are you? A child?"

"My dad and I used to do that when I was a kid."

She failed to see how Vin's cocky smile faded and how Mary froze mid-throwing as Nari's eyes were still glued at the two strangers. She let out a gasp when she felt herself being lifted up all of a sudden. Nari found herself sitting in Vin's shoulder like how the kid sat on her dad's. Vin looked up at her and smirked.

"What are you waiting for? Let's beat 'em!"

The female grinned at threw the ball that was already in her hands. Mary smiled fondly at her childhood friends and helped them up by passing the balls to Nari. They played and played, grinning ear to ear and they did manage to beat the father and daughter duo. They couldn't be more happier despite loosing in a lot of games.

"Fuck! It's almost midnight!"

Nari cursed and ran out with Mary and Vin following her from behind. Sure enough, the mall's balcony was full from the ground floor up to the top floor. So is the opposite building which is a part of the mall as well and the bridge that connects the two buildings are crowded. Everyone was clearly there to watch the fireworks display. Nari, Mary, and Vin managed to get a good spot all thanks to Vin's 'skills'.

"10" a man in the crowd counted.

"9" some people joined in.

"8" most people followed including the 3 themselves.

"7" Nari glanced at the bridge and sure enough, Burn Knuckles stood there. Their voices stood out the most.

"6" she felt a tap on her right shoulder. Nari was met with Mira's angelic face. Beside her was Jay, Zoe, and Zack. All four smiled at the female as she smiled back. Daniel was nowhere to be seen but she didn't question them.

"5" Mary wrapped her arms around the two's waist as she stood between them. The two in question returned the gesture. They smiled at each other, purely genuine.

"4" Daniel, who was already on his original body, side-hugged his mom. The mother and son stared above from outside their home, also looking forward to witness the colorful sparks.

"3" Yenna giggled in his dad's arms as Eli booped her nose, smiling fondly at the toddler.

"2" Goo jumped up and down excitedly. Beside him, Gun groaned. No one saw how his lips formed a smirk.

"1"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

Everyone jumped in delight as the empty dark sky was now filled with colorful sparks. The place was now filled with oohs and aahs. Nari was sure that she will certainly have a sore throat after this as she is one of the people who screamed the loudest.

Nari saw Eli at the opposite building, looking up at the sky, smiling widely, and carrying something in his arms but she failed to see what it is as the guy beside him was completely blocking it from her view.

'Was Eli always this handsome?'

She shrugged and continued screaming along the loud sound of fireworks' explosion. Her friends around her laughed and joined in. At least she will not lose her voice alone.

Words: 1,562

01.01.23

Happy New Year Everyone!!