venturing out

Depuis le début

"I'm ready!" She announces, jumping up onto the bar stool next to me.

I chuckle lightly. "I can see."

America looks at me eagerly, waiting for me to start.

"Okay, so these rules are all for your safety and as I've told you before, if you break one them we go straight back home. Understand?"

America nods, waiting impatiently for me to continue.

"Rule number one: stay in my sight at all times. It could be busy and I don't want to loose you. Rule number two: no powers. We don't want to draw any unwanted attention to ourselves. And rule number three: if you feel overwhelmed or scared at any time, tell me. I can lead us away from the crowds, or we can go straight back home whenever you want. Got it?"

I see America's mind processing these new rules for a few seconds, before she nods in agreement. "I understand."

I smile at the brunette. "Good. Then I just need to get changed and then we can go."

I tell America to watch some Tv while I get ready, so I also have time to check where Vis is.

As I'm getting changed, I reach out my mind to him, and see him flying over the ruins of Sokovia, which made my heart pang.

I quickly pull on some jeans and a flannel, brushing White Vision to the back of my mind. This day was for America.

"You ready to go, sweetheart?" I call into the living room, as I'm putting on my boots and jacket.

"Yep!" America shouts back, as I hear the Tv click off.

I take a deep breath, before walking into the hallway where America was impatiently waiting.

"Come on, Mama. Let's go!" She whines, jumping up and down on the spot with excitement.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" I hint, pointing at her undone shoelaces.

Before America can bend down to do them herself, with a flick of my wrist they are both done in two neat bows.

"Okay, now I'm ready!" America runs over to the front door and unlocks it.

"Where are you going?" I ask, a confused frown on my face.

"Uhhhh... outside so I can make a portal?" America replies in confusion.

"We're teleporting there." I correct her, holding out my hand. "Your portals are loud and I don't want us drawing attention to ourselves. You are also still not fully in control of them, and I don't want to get stuck in another Multiverse." I tell her, gently.

America nods in understanding, walking over and grabbing onto my hand tightly.

"You ready, big girl?" I ask, chuckling slightly at her nervous, scrunched up face.

"Yep!" She squeaks, getting as close to my side as humanly possible.

I quickly use my powers to teleport us into an alleyway.

I look at America and see that her eyes were still scrunched closed.

"Open your eyes." I chuckle, moving a piece of hair from America's face softly, as she hesitantly opens one eye and gasps in excitement.

"Come on, Mama! Let's go, let's go!" America grabs my hand, pulling me towards the opening of the alley.

"Hold on, hold on!" I chuckle at her eagerness, digging my heels in slightly and placing my hands on her shoulders.

"Remember the rules?" I ask, to which the girl nods, her body straining towards where I can hear the busy chatter of the market place.

"Yes, yes! Let's go already!" America bounces up and down on the spot, grinning madly.