"He's dirt poor."
"No way."

Poor innocent Daniel doesn't even have any idea that they were talking trash about him. Without further notice, class ended as everyone arranges their belongings.

"See ya, Jay! Bye Nari!"

Daniel blurted as he received Jay's wave and Nari's smile in return. His phone then rang.

"Oh! it's mom. See you two tomorrow!"

The two waved once again as Jay eyed the male having a conversation with his mom, Nari on the other hand resumed on packing her things. She stopped on her tracks when the word 'birthday' was mentioned. She wanted to give the birthday boy something extravagant, however something is preventing her from doing so.

'Damn, I hate being broke.'

Spoiler: She's not broke, bro is just saving up for DG's upcoming fan-meeting and she is a hoe for him (bro already won even though he hasn't entered the reverse harem yet).

'Why buy something new when I can just give him something I already own?'

Nari nods in her idea and hums in satisfaction, swinging her bag pack strap on her right shoulder, she bid her blonde seat-mate a good bye who waved back stunned.

School already ended minutes ago but not the badmouthing the three were doing against the attractive male.

"Poor beggar."
"His undershirt has no brand name."
"And no watch."
"Cheap-ass fucking loser."
"I'll let the girls now who he really is."

Nari walked pass them mumbling something loud enough for the three to hear.

"Imagine being ugly inside out."

She exited the room humming and left them offended at her remark.

'Is Fashion Dept always this problematic?'

Nari shrugged and went straight to Vocal and Dance Department as she has plans with her buddies. She was met with the sight of Vin being surrounded by some guys.

"Ayo Vin you're so gay"

"How did you find out?"

"Wait a damn minute-"

"Daniel, wait!"

The female shouted, running after Daniel who she happened to see outside the School premises, also walking on the way to school.

"Oh? Hi Nari!" the said male greeted, smiling wide.

Just as she was panting, Nari extended her hand, a necklace on her palm.

"I happened to hear your conversation yesterday."

"My conversation with whom?"

"Your mom." SORRY I HAD TO

"I should've greeted you yesterday and just hand you the gift the next day but nonetheless.."

She placed the necklace on his palm and gave him a genuine smile.

"Happy Birthday, Daniel."

Blush crept up his cheeks as he felt his own heart thumping rapidly. It was too loud that Nari might be able to hear it. As much as he wanted to accept the gift given, it looks way too expensive, or maybe it really is expensive.

"Sorry, I can't-"

"Accept it. I won't use it anyway, it will be a waste if you won't accept it. Fyi I bought 2 of those a year ago accidentally and I can't give it to Vin since Mary will be jealous and vice versa. I'm wearing the other one. Look!"

Before Daniel could even answer, the female wrapped her arms around his neck which caught him off guard. She grinned after successfully attaching the necklace on his neck but she caught sight of his expensive attire.

"Hmm? Your clothes.."

"O-oh? Oh! Jay gave them to me. As a birthday gift too." He answered, shyly scratching his neck as Nari hummed in response.

"I'll go ahead, I still have some unfinished business in the Vocal and Dance Department. See you later Daniel!"

She missed to witness the flabbergasted and dumbfounded look on their faces when Daniel entered the room covered in expensive branded clothes.

"Hey! Hi Jay! Yesterday..."

Jay didn't respond. Assuming that he did not hear him, Daniel sat on his seat and decided to thank him again later, failing to see Jay's smile.

"Daniel! That necklace...!"

"Oh this? Nari gave it to me!"

Everyone gasped.

'That's worth over a grand!'

Jay frowned while Zack huffed and banged his head on his desk.

'Nari better give me something on my birthday!'

Nari, who was sitting next to Vin sneezed feeling her nose get itchy all of a sudden.

"Gross!" Vin commented.

She smacked his head and continued helping him write lyrics as her classmates in the Fashion Department gossips so early in the morning.

Words: 1,112

12.28.22