Prologue | Post-game Troubles

Start from the beginning

"I mean, that was pretty awesome, not going to lie," (F2/N) said. "but if you really want something to talk about, then how about my plays, eh? They don't exactly get enough recognition as far as I know."

(F1/N) Rolled their eyes. "Yeah, yeah. I guess they were pretty cool too."

(F2/N) Jokingly poked them with their elbow. You let out a playful sigh and shook your head at the ridiculousness going on. Then, you were surprised to find the ball falling into your hands. Yet it was very fitting since it was yours after all. While you held it, you reminisced in all of the memories that you've made with it, but you didn't dwell on that for long when somebody whispered a 'psst' into your ear. You turned back to (F3/N), who had a smirk on their face as they were looking at you. You raised your left eyebrow in curiosity as to why they called.

"You have something to say?" You asked them.

They nodded their head. "I just wanted to tell you how much of a good job you did today. Those plays you made were... woo, they sure were something. It's a shame those girls didn't come by to see them."

Your smile grew bigger as you heard that compliment, but then you heard the last part and tilted your head.

"Wait, what?"

Their eyes made their way back to you again.

"What are you talking about?" You asked again.

"Wait, you mean you haven't noticed any of those three girls behind the fence? They're always there to watch us when we go to play our usual game. I thought you'd have seen them at least once."

You took a look back inside your mind but you couldn't find the faintest memory of seeing anybody behind the fence. Perhaps because you were too busy focusing on playing with your friends.

"You seriously didn't see them? Any of them?"

You shook your head.

"Welp, somebody needs to lift their head up from the ball to look at the world around them, 'cause guess what? We have fans!"

"We do?!"

"Yep! Cool, huh? They're always there every game and it's a pretty darn shame you never noticed them before, because I think you REALLY got one of them's attention."

The thought of the fact that all of this time, there were actual people being there on the sidelines just so that they could watch what you were doing put a small smile on your face, even if it was just three people, because that meant that you and your friends were interesting to some degree. Also, you felt ever so slightly flattered at that last part about the news. After your friend took note of that, they patted you on the shoulder and flashed you a supportive smile.

"We did good out there." They said, "How about we come back here, same time tomorrow? So we can give those girls a game that they'll go home telling their great grandchildren to when they grow up!"

You slowly formed a smile. "That sounds like a plan to me!"

The two of you nodded in agreement before you both retracted your hands and they collided with each other and you crossed your arms with a smug grin.

"Hey! (Y/N), (F3/N) you coming?"

"Oh..." You said. "Don't worry. We're coming."

The two of you then caught up with the rest of the group before F3/N explained what they talked about with you while you were behind, and speaking of which, you still couldn't help but keep your mind on the fact that you had spectators for who knows how long throughout the games you played, and that one of them was especially rooting for you, no less. As a matter of fact, it even made you think if you would have any more. Your flattery continued until you and your friends discovered that you were all on the fork in the road where you all split up for the day.