iii ; an awful hospital visit

The next night, Kate, Simon, and Adam were babysitting two girls for the night, as their parents were on a date. Kate had them sorting out drugs by color, rewarding them if they were done in an hour, they could watch a non-family friendly TV show. Meanwhile, while Kate moved to do laundry, Adam and Simon were talking quietly about the past night, trying to figure their romantic relationship out. Kate scolded them for getting distracted as she pointed out that Simon was still wearing the bloody t-shirt from the past night.

"This is all I had in the car after work, relax" Simon rolls his eyes as he takes the shirt off, setting it next to the laundry.

He walks to the fridge, Adam following suit, trying to find something to eat.

"Put a shirt on!" Kate scolds

"Make up your mind, woman!" Simon exclaims

"Just not around nine year old girls, Si" Adam says, grabbing a can of Pepsi from the fridge.

A window smashes as the girls look to the older teens, who look at where the sound came from, the front door. At the corner where Adam could peak over and see the front door wide open, the glass next to it broken. More glass smashes and more banging could be heard as Adam slowly crept around the house to the living room, Simon and Kate following.

"Maybe this isn't a good id-" Simon whispers before Kate shushes him

A red shirt is thrown across the room, informing Adam someone was in the house. He peaks around the corner after he told Kate and Simon to stay quiet, seeing the intruder in the same Skull Mask costume as Ryan Torres was two nights ago. He slowly turned back to face Simon and Kate, informing them he thought it was a serious break in because they were sniffing the shirts.

Kate turned the corner, almost yelling, "Hey creeper. What the fu-"

Kate only gets a few words in before the boys tug her back, "Are you crazy?!" Simon exclaims in a hushed tone.

"It's just that Sunnyvale asshole." Kate tells him

The trio look back into the living room to see it empty, just trashed like the person was looking for something. The trio inspect to make sure the creeper was gone as Simon sees that his shirt was ripped up. Kate, who was just off the phone with Deena, decided the most mature thing to do was leave the girls with Mrs. Lane, the next door neighbor who used to work as a nurse at Camp Nightwing.

The trio dropped the girls off and rushed over to Deena's to report that they saw the same creeper creeping around them. It was probably Peter or something, wanting to scare the teens a bit for making him crash his car. So, Sam's new boyfriend's a bitch.

"Why would he break in there? I just don't understand what he was doing." Deena responds to Kate's anger

"He was acting all shifty and shit. Like going through the laundry" Simon tells the girls.

Josh sips on his apple juice at the table, while Adam sat next to him silently, listening to music on his cassette player.

"You need to get some groceries man. We have an incredible sale at the store-" Simon starts promoting his job to Josh while he was cut of by Kate again. Simon just wanted another Employee Of The Month win for himself.

"He broke into the house! He had a knife!"

"Woah! With the kids there? That's wack!" Josh exclaims

"That's fucking right, Josh. It is wack, thank you" Kate responds

Simon sprays some Ritz crackers with cheese from the can as Kate and Deena go on about how Sam has to get her sicko boyfriend in check as Adam silently listens to his music, not wanting to interfere the two angry girls. Too much was happening, Adam was not becoming a part of this.