(𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈.)𝐒𝐔𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐍

Start from the beginning

"You seem to already master your quirk control," Todoroki stated, almost accusingly, before lowering his head slightly, "Not to mention, you seem to be hiding your quirk."

A shiver ran down her spine as she caught his glare, those heterochromatic eyes that she first thought were of a stranger were now boring and creating a hole in her head.

She didn't like that.

"I-I wasn't hiding my quirk-"

"Why did you not use its full power?"

"I always use..." F/n gulped before deciding to ask him back the same question, "Why didn't you use your full power?"

The boy moved his head to the side before starting to speak.

"My dad is Endeavour. You already know that. He's always been the number two hero. If you have something that could potentially lead yourself to become the number one hero, I... have more reasons to defeat you."

She stayed quiet, listening to his every word.

"My dad is an exceptionally ambitious man. He made a name for himself as a hero with an irresistible force. Because of that, the living legend All Might is nothing but an eye-sore for him. Since my dad couldn't surpass All Might on his own, he came up with another strategy."

"Why are you telling me this?" F/n interjected, wanting to just get out of this conversation as fast as possible, "What are you trying to say?"

The boy glanced at her from the corner of his eyes and said, "Quirk marriage. You know, right?"

"The thing that became an issue with the second and third generations after the supernatural powers appeared. Choosing a mate and forcing them to marry, in order to strengthen their own quirk and pass it to their child. An old-fashioned and unethical way of thinking."

"He has money and good records so he won over my mum's entire family and got a hold on my mum's quirk. By raising me to become a hero that would surpass All Might, he wanted to satisfy his own desire."

"How annoying," the boy muttered with much hatred, "I won't become a tool for that scum to use."

F/n watched his expression as he quietened for a short moment.

"In my memory, my mother was always crying," Todoroki slowly raised his hand up, just enough to lightly graze on his obvious scar, "My mother poured boiling water on me saying, 'Your left side is unsightly.'"

Her breath hitched at his words, unable to contain the emotions that gathered at the back of her throat. It was so sudden and so foreign, that she couldn't adjust to it in just a few seconds.

"Simply put, I'm so fixed at you because I want to get back at him. Even without my distasteful father's quirk... No... by becoming number one without using it, I will completely deny him."

He turned his body around and started to walk away.

"If you can't tell me your quirk, that's fine. No matter how powerful you are, I'll rise above you, using only my right hand. Sorry for taking your time."

'If life was a story, he would've been the main character,' F/n internally commented, 'He has such a background, it's rather unrealistic.'

She straightened her back before facing the boy.

"Wait, Todoroki!"

The boy paused in his step but didn't bother to turn to face her. F/n walked a few steps towards him before coming to a stop.

"You said that you wanted to be number one without your left side, I'm sure you don't actually think of that, do you?" she asked and the boy instantly spoke for himself.