noticing a change part 2

En başından başla

I made my way in to my house. I was relieved to find my dad up and doing something.

"So dad what time did you finally get up? I asked in my mocking voice. 

"I got up about 1 half 1, I had a really late night last night princess" he replied. 

"Oh what did you do?" He took longer to reply this time. 

"oh sorry, urm I did a lot work that needed to be done on computer and I had to finish evaluations for some videos it took half the night so I am not even really sure what time I went to bed last night" he laughed a little to himself, I don't see how he found that funny he looked half dead when he didn't get sleep. 

I didn't like questioning him about work, I knew he was a busy man being manager and that but has he been working all of those other times? 

Work won't make him this tired that he can't walk as far as he used to. To be fair it's none of my business. If he is lying to me then he obviously has a perfectly good reason. 

"Anyway urm dad I am going surfing, Zeke and Leanne are down by the beach waiting, and I was wondering would you come and watch some of my new moves please?" zeke has been teaching me new tricks and I really wanted to show my dad my new moves. 

It's quite funny really because I have been teaching Leanne surfing too, she has only been interested in surfing for about a year and a bit but she has come so far since then. 

She isn't able to do any tricks yet but she is managing to keep her balance while on the waves. 

She is so determined, I am happy that she shares the same passion as me and zeke. 

It makes us all little bit closer than the other friendship groups as we can all get involved with it together.

I gave my dad a hug and a kiss before I started to head out. 

"See you later dad" I shouted from the back door. "See you later angel" he shouted back. I grabbed my surfboard from the garage and ran to meet Zeke and Leanne. 

"Everything okay with your dad?" zeke asked. "Yeh he's fine, he didn't get any sleep last night, work and that" I replied. "Ready" I said. "Ready" Leanne and Zeke said at the same time. 

"Let's go" I said already turning heading for the waves. We left our board wax and our stuff all together, where we could see everything. 

The waves were terrific, they were just perfect. The sea was a light blue shade from where the sand sat on the bottom of the sea bed. It was just a matter of time before we would be splashing and ruining the beautiful colour. 

We ran straight into the sea, regardless of the temperature, well Leanne still hasn't got used to the coldness of the sea yet but she has improved.

I remember when I first came here and my expression of how cold the sea was, I was asking myself how the hell the surfers could go in the sea but then again I answered my own question because here I am in the sea at this freezing cold temperature. 

I really had to laugh aloud when I heard Leanne screeching. We climbed onto our boards and were preparing to ride the next wave. 

Once the wave came, we were off. Zeke was in front and went straight into doing tricks. 

He was clearly pulling the superman. It looked as if flying through the waves. I just kept it simple for the first wave. 

I waited until the next wave came along so I could try and do one of my other new tricks; zeke has taught me how to do the Chop Hop.