𝟑 | 𝐁𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

After a few seconds, the height difference becomes uncomfortably obvious. "I can barely reach." I whisper quietly.

He laughs before smoothly picking me up and setting me on the counter. He places his hands on my waist and kisses me again, but slightly more desperate than before. I kiss him back for another moment, until I pull away again. I still keep my face close to his as I catch my breath in the form of heavy breathing.

"You're good." he reminds me, his forehead still up against mine.

"Okay." I try to kiss him again, but ultimately stop.

He moves his head back to properly see me. "What?"

I swallow hard. "I'm nervous."

His concerned demeanor lightens with a smile. "You're nervous?" he giggles.

I nod my head and start to sit back.

"We can take it slow." he says kindly, taking his hands off my waist and putting them on the counter.

"No, no." I grab his hands and put them back where they were. "It's not that I don't want to do this. I'm just nervous for... for some reason."

"I think that's how it's supposed to feel, Jules." he laughs.

"It is?" I ask.

"Yeah." He nods. "Have you not kissed someone before?"

"I mean... I have. But never someone that I was actually into."

He smirks. "You're into me?"

"Stooop." I laugh as I try to hide my face.

He catches my contagious laughter before lifting my face back up with his hands. "How about we go again, and you just tell me if you wanna stop. Okay?"

I take a deep breath in before holding onto his arms. "Okay."

He presses his lips to mine carefully, being sure to go slow and stop every few moments. Eventually we find a natural flow and I start to kiss him back.

"There you go." he whispers encouragingly before kissing my bottom lip a few times.

Somehow, I only internally lose my shit at the sound of his voice. I never thought I would be addicted to the feeling of kissing Rafe Cameron, but I never want to stop.

The sound of our lips letting go and connecting again fills up the otherwise silent room. I keep feeling him smile, which makes me smile, too.

He picks me up off the counter and into his arms, still making out with me. "We should go to my room." he whispers urgently.

"Okay." I quickly catch my breath. "But I need to go back to Sarah's room at some point."

"Why?" he grins, looking at my lips again.

"I don't want Sarah to get suspicious if she wakes up and notices I'm gone."

"Hmm. Okay." he says before kissing me a few times and walking toward the doorframe.

"Wait." I pull back and hold onto his face. "Are you gonna get snacks or anything?"

He stares into my eyes, utterly confused.

"Like if we watch a movie or something?" I ask.

He gapes at me for another beat. "Yeah, yeah. I'll get snacks." he laughs, setting me down gently. "I'll look around for blankets, too. You can head up to my room if you want. Once you go up the stairs, it's through the first door on the right."

"Okay." I say as I walk that way.

✧ ˚  ·    .

There is absolutely no way that just happened. Just over twenty-four hours ago, I was trying as hard as possible to end a conversation with him so that I could go surf, and now I'm walking up to his bedroom at two in the morning.