Yudhishthir : Mata, partition happened but that doesn't mean we cousins couldn't help each other. We are one family after all.

Ghandhari : You are right Putra Yudhishthir, you all are siblings, you should help each other. Now leave everything and sit, its pehli rasoi of Putri Ulupi. You too Duryodhana and Tatshree. 

Everyone sat there, both Yudhishthir and Duryodhana sat beside their brothers opposite to each other, only Karna seemed absent. Everyone was there. Draupadi was with Bhanumati. Dasi were ready to serve and the royal women were overlooking everything.

Yudhishthir : Where is Angraj?

He so wanted to call Jyeshta but couldn't. This question was expected from Duryodhana but not from Yudhishthir so everyone's attention was once again on him.

Bheem : Why would that Sutputra would be here with us royals Jyeshtha.

Duryodhana was very angry and so is Ashwatthama who decided to leave as he was a mere Brahmin but before they could do anything Yudhishthir once again spoke but now his words were very hard unlike before where he used subtlety.

Yudhishthir : Mind you words Vrikodhar, they are... Our guests and guests equal gods themselves. Never speak about them like this.

Before anyone could say anything he called a dasi and told her to invite both of them here. Bheeshma was very proud of how Yudhishthir is handling this, Dhritrashtra and Ghandhari were happy. Vidhur and Shakuni were not sure about it but didn't mind it also but they got some clue which sparked their curiosity. Ashwatthama was shocked by the change in Yudhishthir, he looked aside and saw no surprise in the face of Duryodhana meaning he knew the reason. Kauravas were happy seeing Bheem making a fool of himself but Pandavas were feeling low. It was Kunti who didn't show but was thinking of how Yudhishthir was slipping from her grasp and even talked back to her. She was getting intuition that he was slipping from her grasp but brushed it off thinking it's not possible. Yudhishthir didn't lie and he just called Karna as Angraj meaning he didn't know about or consider him anything but that. Guests are to be respected and that is the tradition and her son was known for following dharma. 

Soon Karna and Draupadi came there. They could see the atmosphere. There was no jovial what shocked Karna. was Yudhishthir who called for him, not Duryodhana. He looked at Duryodhana who just nodded indicating everything was fine. 

Yudhishthir : Please have a seat and join us.

Karna : I can't yuvraj, I eat together with my family and here my wife can't accompany me.

Bheem who has made a fool of himself twice already and one of them was because of this Sutputra couldn't help but lash out his anger.

Bheem : Sutputra, didn't you even know that women were supposed to eat after men. What could be expected from a low born.

Yudhishthir, Duryodhana : Bheem!!!!

They both were angered, especially seeing the indifference of Kunti. It takes all their control to not lash out in a similar way as in the case of Bheeshma. Kauravas too didn't like it since they respect Karna very much. 

Yudhishthir : Angraj, I am sorry for Bheem's behaviour. Bheemsen it seems that my words aren't reaching you so be it except for a little bit of what is being prepared by Ulupi for her pehli rasoi you are forbidden to be provided anything for two days. Tatshree, I request you to allow women in the family to eat with us.

Yudhishthir was on a roll because he decided to fix all the flaws that his brothers had till now he has failed because of his love but now he wouldn't, he knew whenever he wanted to say something to reprimand Bheem or any of his brothers, his mother come in between. That is way they became puppet to her but he will change that now. He will take up on responsibility that he was supposed to and not let his insecurities be hindrance or path for other to sweep in for their selfishness. He knew he had to take some strict decision to lessen the damage done by his mother. Everyone except Bheeshma and Duryodhana were wide eyed seeing this never had they imagined Yudhishthir would punish Bheem. 

Kunti : There is no need for such punishment Putra Yudhishthir.

His anger enhanced when again she came to defend Bheem, Duryodhana though masked his facial expressions but disgust was clearly in her eyes.

Yudhishthir : There is mata, one has to face consequences of his actions. We aren't children anymore and are very much accountable for what we are doing and speaking of. Rajkumar Bheemsen has disrespected the guest and king of the allied kingdom of Hastinapur despite my warning. I am Yuvraj of Hastinapur now and I can't let such misdeeds go unpunished. This is just a warning, remember I won't be partial in my duties.

Bheeshma : Kunti, Putra Yudhishthir is right. 

With Bheeshma speaking, the matter is cemented and there is no going back, Kunti was thinking that Yudhishthir's Dharma is getting in her way but it is like this she raised him, but once again he spoke back and even disregard her plea which never happened before no matter what. She again brushed it off and it was imperative that Yudhishthir has such an impression on elders because like this he would show he will be better yuvraj than Duryodhana si she couldn't hinder that. She wants to make her other children understand this later.

Yudhishthir : Angraj, I apologise.

Karna just looked at him because he could feel his sincerity but there's something left unsaid in that apology and he could feel that. Another thing was he could feel genuine respect from Yudhishthir, he didn't know what happened or why but it boggled him. For now he just accepted it.

Karna : Its alright Yuvraj, Rajkumar Bheem, the food you are eating is grown by us low born only if you have so much disliking of us then don't eat it. As for women eating after men, Tell me in which Veda or Puran have you read that it was the rule it's just women's love and devotion for their family that they do that but as usual their regard was taken for granted by society.  I don't know where men now get notions of being superior to women, does human race even exist with women.

Bheem and rest of Pandavas were gritting teeth being taught by Karna as they think it was their insult except Yudhishthir, who now sees why his jyeshtha speak of him not understanding true Dharma because everything told by his jyeshtha is truth but because of traditions the thinking got twisted and false beliefs of women being inferior was rooted in the society which was wrong in every account. 

Yudhishthir : Yes, you are absolutely right Angraj. Tatshree I request you that we should do this.

Dhritrashtra : I agree with you, Putra. Make arrangements from now on everyone in the family would eat together. Vidhur calls sulabha too and from now on you and her will eat with us only.

Vidhur : But Jyeshtha, how could we....

Dhritrashtra : I don't want to hear anything, It's an order from your jyeshtha and King. We have accepted when you proposed you can't live with us but eating with us is the least you can do. 

Like this, a new arrangement were made. Yuyutsu was already here because Duryodhana never treated him badly. His mother died giving him birth so from childhood he was integrated as Kauravas.

(A/n : no such things like yuyutsu being with Pandavas since childhood in my book)

After sometime, the entire family sat together for the first time, and the women were elated because of it. Draupadi who was just a spectator of everything was not pleased when Rajkumar insulted her friend/husband and can see those who respect her husband were also not happy. She can also see Pandavas with the exception of Yudhishthir who agreed with Rajkumar Bheem. She expected better from them, especially Arjun, as they were called dharm vahan throughout Aaryavrat. Is this the humility, respect to elders pf prine Arjun her father spoke about then why couldn't she see it. All she could see was his gloating when Bheem insulted her husband/friend. She herself was going to speak but Yuvraj spoke earlier and she agreed with him. Then Karna spoke of his ideals and like always it was better than what other men thought. She looked at him only if not Bhanumati who didn't know when came beside her and nugged Bhanumati even told her that she was lucky to have Radhey as her husband. She could only blush at that. After everything, new arrangements were made and everyone sat together to eat.