.the happiest place.

In the town of Hawkins, you would expect the happiest place to be somewhere like the mall, or the park. If that were actually true, then maybe the town would be a normal place. Alas, the happiest place in Hawkins, maybe even in the whole state of Indiana, is the Wheeler's basement. There you will find a table that holds an abandoned DnD game, a small blanket fort, and a couch. On that couch (and around it) are a group of friends.

Max, the edgy skater girl with blazing hair. (shes not as edgy as she makes people think though) aka the zoomer.

Lucas, the guy with a badass sister. aka the ranger.

Dustin, the guy with an imaginary girlfriend. (only imaginary to the rest of the party) aka the bard.

Michael, the dude who argues with anything anyone says. aka the paladin.

Eleven, the one who shaved her own head years ago. (they will never let her live that down) aka the mage.

And Will. The one who makes up for everyone else's lack of braincells. aka the cleric.

That was the party. Everything was great. Even the fact that Mike's hand is interlaced with a certain cleric's. Even the fact that Will's head is on his shoulder. Even the fact that the rest of the party will do anything they can to get the two alone. Even the fact that they are TOTALLY JUST BFFS!!

"Do you guys have any plans for the summer?" Dustin spoke up, obviously wanting to gloat about going to this nerd camp with his "girlfriend" once again. Michael and Will made eye contact, knowing that they planned to spend the whole summer with each other. Max went on to explain how she would be anywhere but her house because of her assface brother, Billy.

"Well I-" Dustin started only to be cut off by lucas.

"Yea yea, going to your dumb nerd camp with your GiRlFriEnD." He mocked Dustin, Max laughing with him. Eleven giggled a tiny bit, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. Will sighed.

"I have to spend the whole summer with a complete dumbass." He rolled his eyes. Mike's jaw dropped, his arms flinging up and a scoff falling from his mouth. Max and Eleven looked at each other. Will was about to ask what was up, if it wasnt for Karen opening the basement door. She came halfway down the steps.

"It's getting late guys, I think its time you guys went home before it gets too dark." She smiled at the kids. Max groaned, probably annoyed about having to see her brother. Will sighed. He knows, they will see eachother tomorrow, but he will still miss Michael. the rest of the party too, of course...

"Mom, cant Will stay the night? it's summer!" Mike pleaded with his mom. Dustin pretended to be offended that Mike wanted Will to stay and not him. Will just smiled.

"Honey, you know that Nancy is having a sleepover here tonight. I cant handle two of them." She argued, rolling her eyes when Mike groaned dramatically. Will hopped up from the couch, putting on his sweater. Well.. it wasn't HIS sweater. No one knows that though. No one else but Mike.

"I'll walk you home, if that's okay with you." Michael smiled, running to grab his shoes. Dustin and Will waited for him, seeing how Dustin went down the same road as Will does.

"How's Suzie?" Will asked, tapping his foot.

"I thought you didn't believe in Suzie." Dustin said with annoyance, crossing his arms. Will laughed, bringing his hand to brush his hair out of his eyes. He really needs a haircut.

Meanwhile, Mike had finished putting his shoes on. He was looking at Will. The way that he messed with his hair when it gathered in his eyelashes. He's so pretty. Mike always found his mind telling himself that. He was happy with that. He was proud to say that his best friend is the prettiest boy in the whole wide world. Everyone must've thought that way about their own best friends... right?

"Hurry up Mike! Or we're gunna leave you." Dustin's familiar groan entered his ears, followed by a sweet laugh. To Mike, Will Byers laugh made him feel like he finally got to lay down after a long day. And to Will, the smile that always followed what Will always thought was something that another party member said, (In reality Michael is always smiling at Will's reactions) Gave him the energy similar to when you first wake up on a day that you know is just going to be great. Together, all three of them exited the Wheeler's house. Just like that, the happiest place in Hawkins Indiana suddenly became the Wheeler's driveway, and then the road in front of the house. Maybe, just maybe, the happiest place was where ever Will Byers and Mike Wheeler went, as long as they were together. Maybe, just maybe, whenever the two boys were around each other, they were the only two there. And maybe, just maybe, there wasn't a happiest PLACE in Hawkins Indiana, it was just the happiest boys.

__

so I rewatched all of stranger things..

and its pride month...

and I love Steve Harrington...