Part 2

I woke up the next day to a knock on my door, so I wrap my dressing gown around me and head downstairs setting the kettle and answering the door to see....Reggie Kray.

Me: uh..Hello Reggie.

He leans against the door frame.

Reggie: Hello love, may I come in?

I slowly nod my head moving aside for him to enter.
He takes a seat in the living room as I pour a tea for us both.

Me: so what's up?

He looks at me.

Reggie: I heard you're looking for a job. Yes, I know you've got a job at the sweet shop around the corner, but I can offer you something with a better pay to help you make a proper living.

I take a deep breath, wondering what he could have planned.

Me: and what might that be Reggie?

He takes a sip of his tea before placing it down.

Reggie: I need someone to come and stay with us and make sure that Ronnie is taking his medication as I can't be around him all the time to ensure that he does take them. He's a paranoid schizophrenic. Yes I know it sounds crazy but the pay is good, I'll pay you $40 an hour. You see, when he's not on his medication he can be quite hard to deal with and I have a feeling you'd be the person to help me out with that.

I sit back, thinking. $40 an hour to deal with Ronnie Kray.

I sigh meeting Reggies eyes.

Me; when do I start?

He chuckles taking a breath of relief.

Reggie: Today if possible. I know it's short notice. But I've got things to do today and I really need him on his medication.

I nod my head.

Me: I'll get dressed.

He nods turning on the telly whilst I head upstairs and get dressed.

I put this outfit on without the sunglasses and head downstairs.

Reggie: you look lovely.

I smile.

Me: thank you Reggie.

He opens the passenger door for me and shuts it after me; half way through the journey he hands me a gun.

I just take it and place it on the holster strap around my leg.

Reggie: my brother, can be a bit psychotic at times. He can be quite violent. Rude, obnoxious. But it's just the voices in his head. Some of the time he doesn't mean what he says. He has his good days and his bad days. This is why I'm giving you this gun. Don't hurt him more than necessary please, I don't wanna have to kill you. Just have patience with him. Find a way for him to take his pills if he refuses.