Chapter 7: Sticks & Scythe

Start from the beginning

Like in Amphibia, they would never forget the fighting techniques they've learned.

With no spare time, they launched into the battle! Anne takes the lead first, disarming the batons on the guards.

Followed by Sasha limiting her strength not to cause some blunt trauma to their head.

Meanwhile, Marcy takes her shot, shooting down those who try to get up and backstab her friends.

The teamwork of the girls is like an old steampunk, the machine is oiled and working well.

However, one unexpectedly perils the plan. Sasha has been occupied body-slamming her opponent smaller than her size, two men rise simultaneously with their batons.

Marcy uses her last arrow to knock the man. "Sasha! Look out!"

Yet Sasha is fighting for the exit, she couldn't hear the nerd's voice because of the loud war cry from the guards.

The nerd hurriedly finds a weapon to use, she saw a scythe made out of wood nearby hanging on the wall, and grabs it instantly, she surges forward to the person who will hurt Sasha.

Although it was a little too late that the man hits his back at Sasha, the blonde was caught off guard.

She turns and punches the man with her backhand. But it wasn't enough. The leader has quite less damage taken.

Marcy who is on her way spins the scythe as if it was a hobby, oddly familiar use of the scythe.

Marcy twirls and dances along with the scythe through the small battlefield. With the rush of adrenaline, she swifts faster and did not hesitate to hit the man. She used the tang instead of the blade.

The leader collapsed under Marcy's feet. Sasha did not know she was there. Too focused on her fight. Every guard is on her.

Ambushed by a few more guards, not just a few guards. The enhanced members of the team. They target Sasha, the strength of the three.

"SASHA!"

Anne yells a warning, being occupied by two guards who are fighting against her.

Sasha froze and heard that same cry. The same tone. But a different voice. She dropped her weapon when her enemies are confused about her being dumbfounded.

"Grime...?" Sasha whispers, no humour or an act. It's all horror. She frantically looks for Grime. He lost his arm. She needs to be there for him.

The heavy atmosphere rises, the blonde can smell blood, metallic rust, sweat and tears, and she can hear someone laughing and Grime gasping for air.

"Looks like he's disarmed. Get it? Disarmed!" Darcy laughs in Sasha's head.

"Are you okay young lady?" One of the vanguards asked. Lowered his weapon as well.

The enemies have been stalled by Sasha's act, this is her chance. Marcy thought and engage her attack on them.

With the formation she performed, she gracefully spins around the weapon. The nerd uses the Tang, it hits the head of the vanguards in one and two sweeps.

With the man fell on top of Sasha, the blonde evades and catches the man. She sets down the unconscious body and froze as if she saw her ghost of the past.

Marcy holds the scythe right in front of the blonde, confused by the blonde's reaction toward her.

Anne turns to face her friends, "Marcy! Behind you!"

Without looking, at Marcy's muscle memory, quick enough that she evades their attacks and knocks off their balance by using the scythe.

Those guards are the last of it. A great success for the trio!