Chapter 7 The next day

Começar do início

Keeping the letter aside , Ethan then dried both his & his wife's still wet bodies with the drying spell he casted with Aurelia's wand. Afterwards he gave Aurelia the letter back. "Its from Regulus & Remus, Ethan", she exclaimed happily. Ethan settled down next to Aurelia on the bed & together they read the letter,

"Dear Lia & Ethan,

First & foremost we are thankful for your letter. Its a relief to know our children are well settled there. Its a shame Lyra didn't end up in Slytherin which is the greatest house to be in by the way...Don't pay attention to your brother Lia. Hi, its me Remus. We are delighted to know Lyra was selected in Gryffindor. Ethan would agree with me that house is best among all. Also both Reggie and I are without any worries. Lyra will be all right there since she has her 'Aunt Lia ' with her for 24*7. The house looks so empty and dull even though Lyra is not gone for 24 hours even. We miss her terribly. You too as well .
Your brothers are proud of you Lia. Take care of each other you two. We'll make some plans to meet up soon. Owl us when you'll get the Hogsmeade schedule. Untill then stay in touch.

With love,
Remus & Regulus

Aurelia felt happier than before now that she got the letter from her brothers. Soon afterwards both the husband & wife got ready & proceeded to the Great Hall. On their way they were greeted by few older students who were more than pleased to meet their favourite couple together after a long break. Ethan & Aurelia's love story was kind of a hot topic among the students. From childhood sweethearts to husband & wife and now working together at Hogwarts, they were living every adolescent girl/boy's dream life. Also the good looks & their charming personality gave further incentives to the students to keep the two a topic worthy of their attention.
On the other hand Lyra woke up in her new dorm which she shared with three other girls. One was a dark skinned tall girl named, Angelina Johnson , then there was a sweet looking tiny girl names Alicia Spinnet and the third girl who till now was Lyra's favourite out of the three was the Lily Mason . After getting ready Lyra came down to the Common Room where she waited for the other first years to join her so that together with the prefect they could go for breakfast. Her stomach was grumbling and she wished for the others to hurry up a bit. Also she wanted to see her aunt & uncle soon.
Meanwhile in the Hufflepuff dorm Cedric was trying to hid himself from the other girls of his house. It seemed as if suddenly they all had gotten a crush on him & this was something he was totally unprepared for. The only same aged girl he interacted with was Lyra who would rather drop dead then have any crush on him. The smiles, giggles and friendly waves he was getting since yesterday evening despite his blunder which the girls surprisingly thought was a cute gesture was making him irritated. He too wanted to rush out of there but had to wait for the prefects. Since Hogwarts was admittedly quite a maze with the moving stairs adding a cherry to the top, in every new session the first years were accompanied by the prefects for the initial week so that they would get accustomed to the best ways to reach their classes & any other place.
Soon both Lyra & Cedric were able to leave for breakfast. Both tried to memorise the way to the Great Hall with great concentration so that they won't have to wait like today anymore. Soon they reached the Hall which looked quite different from yesterday. The tables were half filled with few students still in their night clothes. Coincidently both the yellow house & the red house reached the Hall together.
Aurelia was there at the teacher's table. She saw her babies coming in. Her smile grew after seeing the two of them in their house robes. "Ethan look at Ced. Yellow suits him well. Oh, how cute he looks", She murmured to her husband who was standing behind her chair with his hands on her shoulders. Ethan looked towards where she pointed at and indeed there was his 11 year old nephew who stood awkwardly and was too red for no apparent reasons.
The prefects took the students to their respective tables. Once seated , all the first years looked at the teachers table. Ced & Lyra found their favourite couple and waved at them with smiles. Ethan & Aurelia waved them back with Aurelia sending them a flying kiss in addition. Soon they all started their breakfast. Once all had eaten it was time for their schedules. All the assistant house heads were responsible for handing out the schedules to the years one to three. Aurelia took her bundle and began to walk towards Hufflepuff. Once she reached Cedric she bend down to his level and asked him how he was & if he was having any issues. Cedric became more red now that the entire table seemed to be focussing on the fact that how much their favourite professor was doting on him. He quickly dismissed her concerns and thanked her for the routine. Aurelia caressed his head and went ahead.
On the opposite table Lyra saw the entire proceedings and was mentally cursing the fact that now her enemy was in the same house like her aunt. This would mean Lia would spend more time with that 'pretty boy' and less time with Lyra. This fight for Aurelia's attention has been going on between the two kids for as long as their family could remember.
Ethan too made his way to his house table and was soon in front of Lyra. He saw the seat next to her was empty and had already witnessed her fallen face when his wife was interacting with Cedric. Deciding to cheer her up he took the seat and sat doen next to her. All the first years who sat close to Lyra suddenly went silent as a professor was sitting so close to them now. Ethan looked to his left and right and then pointing to one of the Twins asked him to introduce himself. "Fred Weasley sir" came a proud voice. The boy next to him introduced himself as the better looking brother and told his name was George. In a similar manner nearly 15 more students next gave their names. The last one was Lyra and she proudly announced herself as well. Ethan distributed the schedules from there itself. Once done he got up and offered his hand to Lyra. Lyra looked at him in surprise. Ethan gave her a smile and pointed at his outstretched hand. She hesistantly took his hand and then both of them went to the Hufflepuff table near the seventh years were seated. There Lyra saw a girl with bubblepink hair. "Dora!" she exclaimed in wonder. Looking at Ethan who nodded in affirmation, Lyra ran to her cousin and tackled her from behind. Dora gave a surprised shriek and hugged her tiny cousin. Satisfied with his successful attempt at cheering up his niece, Ethan went ahead to his classroom to prepare for his first class of the term after bidding a short goodbye to his wife. Aurelia too after distributing the remaining schedules went back to her other responsibilities. Soon it was time for the classes to begin. The prefects then took the students back to their dorms so that they could get the books and other necessities they would be needing for their first day.

✨Please press the like button✨
Comment on your favorite part.
How was this chapter do tell. ❤

1974 words