𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Someone is looking rather happy this morning," Mari said poking his rosy cheeks and making him swat at her hand.
"I proposed to lily last night," he said causing Sirius to choke on his coffee.

"Merlin, that's amazing," Mari said pulling him into a side hug.
"Congratulations!" Sirius jumped up on his feet and pulled the curly-headed boy into a bear hug, the two of them swaying back and forth.

"They grow up so fast, don't they Goldie Locks?" Sirius said in a motherly tone as he started fake crying.
"Yes they do" she watched as the tears started rolling down his cheeks, "you're an absolute handful, do y'know that Sirius?"
"I do know that darling, now drink your coffee and go back to your aimless staring" he joked making her roll her eyes.

"When do you reckon Remus will pop the question?" Sirius asked making her glare at him and his stupid tone.
"I'm surprised he hasn't done it already, I mean he's absolutely in love with you," James said watching her bite the inside of her cheeks to hide her growing smile.
"I doubt he'd-"

"Morning you three" McGonagall walked into the room, abruptly ending the previous conversation.

"This morning just keeps getting better and better" Sirius jumped up again to pull the older woman into an embrace.
"Someone's lively this morning"
"When is he ever quiet Minnie?" James stood up to pull the older woman into a hug.

"Marigold!" the older woman excitedly pulled the blonde into a hug, "how's Remus?"

"I miss being Minnie's favourite" Sirius whispered to James who nodded as they watched the two women catch up.

Soon the group who were going on the mission were all present in the room, everyone but Dumbledore sat around and chatted about their lives and past missions.
Finally, the older man stepped into the room, a bright smile etched on his face as he cleared his throat, "sorry I was late, the ministry is up in heaps after last night's Death eater attack on Hogsmeade"

He slowly paced around the room, explaining how the group would apprate to the scene of the attack, get any sort of information and help the ministry with tracking the culprits down.
Marigold was to show up at the scene and offer on-sight medical help to the healers that were in need of more hands with the heaps of people injured.

"Any objections? No? Okay, everyone get prepared to leave"

-

Mari landed in the warm streets of Hogsmeade, her eyes looked around the empty street. An Erie feeling filled her chest at the lack of traffic in the town. Madame Pudifoots was cafe burnt to the ground, smoke-filled her lungs as Aurors helped put out small fires around the street, Three Broomsticks was missing a chunk of wall.

The others set off to do their jobs as Mari wandered over to the Healer's setup.
Hestia Jones was mixing ointments as she quickly said her hello to Mari before sending her in the direction of a man around her age who had a large gash on the side of his face.

"Hello, I'm Marigold I'm gonna fix you right up, it'll only take a few moments" she didn't even look up from the salve she was spreading on the bandages in her hand as she introduced herself.
"Mari?"
Marigold look up at the man to disinfect his cut, her eyes met the shy smile of Benjy, and the gash on his face ran right from his temple to his chin.

Benjy winced as she grabbed his chin gently to get a better look at how deep the cut ran on his cheek. Small scrapes covered the other side of his face, his dress shirt stained with the blood from his wounds.