"I'd say we're friends, but I'm not sure whether she thinks of me as one considering we only had a proper conversation yesterday," Celeste nodded hesitantly.

Dustin crossed his arms, completely clueless to the previous discussion between the two females, "Are you Will's girlfriend?"

"You might need a reminder that we're here because of an emergency," Max hissed at the boy.

      "I was just asking." Dustin grinned.

     Celeste chuckled at him, "I'm Celeste Vivian."

    Dustin grinned, "I was just asking."

     "I'm Celeste Vivian," she chuckled at him.

     The boy introduced himself as Dustin and extended his hand, which Celeste gratefully took.

     The girl decided to join Mike and his friends as they all gathered in the young boy's basement seeing as the house Celeste, her sister, and her aunt will be living at was nearby to the Wheeler's dwellings.

       Celeste asked who sat beside Steve, "What is she doing?"

     "I know you guys are staring at me," the red-haired girl said as the five of them—Lucas, Celeste, Mike, Steve, and Dustin—stared at her from a couch more than a foot away.

   Everyone except for Celeste and Mike started grabbing various items and acting as if they were doing something besides staring at the red-haired girl after Steve remarked, "What, sorry?" while pulling a ball.

Celeste rolled her eyes and sat with crossed arms.

"Just hanging out."

"How you think your eyes boring into the back of my head is protecting me from Vecna, I don't know," Max said as she clutched the envelope containing the letters and rose up to approach the group.

"Can someone explain who is Vecna?" Celeste asked as she cast a glance over the group.

Mike tightened his jaw, "If that creature is worse than the Demogorgon, I'm fucking going to die."

"Vecna's primary method of murder and torture is referred to as the Vecna curse. Vecna has the supernatural psychokinetic power to read people's minds and assume control over them. Vecna targets people who are mainly psychologically damaged, mentally ill, or insecure because of a cruel and misanthropic philosophy. . ." Dustin explained.

"Just like El's abilities? like, when she can get inside people's minds."