I chuckled again.

I so knew that.

I looked at Queen and acted innocently

"Oh my,were you a male bird?Are you upset that I didn't know?"

Queen then flapped his wings as if miffed by my ignorance.

I want to tease him more but I might give myself away.

I patted his head again then went to my desk, and Queen followed. I took out a sheet of paper and wrote a reply.

I didn't know he was male. An unexpected surprise.

I rolled up the note and tied it to his leg.I kissed his forehead and brought him out the window to let him fly away.

I went inside and glanced at the calendar.The New Year's celebrations were just around the corner. Some of the guests would start arriving early tomorrow at the palace...

I'd finally get to see them.Its so exciting to finally meet the others that I only used to look and read about.

Things will be more exciting now with the new characters coming in.There's so much to look forward to and so much entertainment for me

This is gonna be so fun.

*
*
*

Before long,the New Years Ceremony was upon us.

Distinguished guests from the neighboring countries started to arrive.

It was a relief that neither that asshole or I had very many distinguished guests arriving.We could avoid seeing each other for a while if we didn't need to greet them.

Unfortunately,I couldn't keep my distance forever...

*
*
*

"MAKE WAY FOR PRINCE HEINLEY FROM THE WESTERN KINGDOM!"

He's finally here...

I stood outside waiting for Heinley's arrival.I stared at the carriage as it's door opened.

Then I finally saw him...

Its really him...

Prince Heinley...

The one who will save and take away my Empress from this retched man.The one who will love and respect her with all his heart.

I couldn't help but hold my breath when I saw him

He was so beautiful...

His blonde hair fell into soft, tousled waves on his face, and his lips curved into a delicate bow. He bore a strong neck and broad shoulders, but what was most striking about him were his mysterious violet eyes.

I stood opposite of Prince Heinley, admiring him as surreptitiously as I could.He then started walking towards me but before I could say anything, Prince Heinley bent one knee and reached out his hand like a knight swearing a vow of loyalty. I gave him my hand, upon which he placed a gentle kiss.

"It is an honor to meet you,MY QUEEN"

He released my hand and smiled, and I felt my stomach knot for some reason.

I can't believe I'm getting this reaction when I already knew him from reading.

I can't let myself be crushed by him...well not yet.

I wore a dignified expression and greeted him.

"It is an honor to meet you as well,Prince Heinley.I hope you will get plenty of rest before the new years ceremony.Please enjoy your time at the palace.Im sure it will be to your liking."