"i will win." someone suddenly said from heside her, making her swiftly look up.

jisoo just gave todoroki a confused look. "and you're telling that to me because?"

"because i know i'm better than you and i'll beat you."

jisoo just blinked at him and seeing that he was being serious, she let out a chuckle. "your opinion is wrong, but you can try, i guess."

"and you!" someone suddenly shouted, their voice echoing throughout the whole stadium. she quickly realized it was none other than bakugō katsuki addressing his speech.

he was pointing to someone in the crowd with his brows furrowed in anger. that's his default face by the way.

then, everyone turned to look at her.

"wait, me?" jisoo pointed to herself as she realized that it was indeed her who he was referring to.

"i will wipe the ground with you and i will be number 1!"

an irk mark appeared on jisoo's forehead. déjà vu much? she thought, sneaking a small glance on todoroki's face.

multiple shouts of disagreement sparked from the crowd, to the students– her annoyance going unnoticed except to the person beside her.

"alright, with that we can directly move onto our first event!" midnight flicked her wrist towards the humongous screen, showing a spinning wheel of unreadable titles. "lots of students end up choking on their tears here every year! and this year's first round of destiny is..."

everyone watched in anticipation. the student's brows furrowed in a mixture of anxiety and excitement, deeply hoping that advancing to the next round would be easy as pie.

how unlucky.

if she weren't here maybe they'd be a little luckier.

"obstacle race!"

jisoo let out a breath of amazement. obstacle races back home were definitely fun, she could only wish it'd be the same in feelings of remembrance.

"it's a race between all 11 classes. the course makes a nearly 4 km ring all around this stadium. we always sing about our freedom on campus, so this is all that it's about! you're free to do anything as long as you remain within the course!"

the students started to walk towards the tunnel, lightly pushing her body alongside them, making her follow without much hesitance.

"personal space, my god." jisoo muttered under her breath. the air is starting to get humid due to the perspiring bodies everywhere.

"so let's get cracking. on your marks!..." midnight announced excitedly.

jisoo's eyes narrowed, staring straight forward. she actually didn't see any benefit whether she won this or not, it's mostly filled with disadvantages.

"get set!..."

but, no one knows who she really is after all.

"go!!"

so she'll stick with that blinded comfort.

she swiftly somersaulted in the air, her graceful form went unnoticed as the students below were too busy breaking off the ice that was clearly made by todoroki shōto.

the move was too obvious. from what jisoo can assume todoroki always attacks right on the dot, just like wooin.

"i'll kill you!!"

the familiar voice of bakugō katsuki could be heard from behind her, she slightly turned around as she jumped from one student to another.

"catch me first." jisoo smirked, boosting her speed one last time as she finally got out of the tunnel.