- Coming out -

Later that morning, Steve awake to the smell of vanilla and cinnamon. He yawned softly getting up, as he got ready for the day. "Hey uh Eddie?" he said, opening his door. "Holy shit, morning Steve" Eddie said staring at him perplexed. "What's that smell- is it drugs bro-" Eddie laughed, shaking his head. "No, it's some food I made dingus." Steve blinked, "I- you've been hanging out Robin, haven't you?" Eddie nodded, chuckling. "Yup, I have, she said she always calls you that"

Steve rolled his eyes, sighing as he facepalmed. "Great, now I have two people calling me a dingus.." Eddie laughed, grinning. "Hey, uhm, I wanna let you know that Robin and you would never hap-" Eddie cut him off, putting a finger to his mouth as he smiled. "Uh-huh, I'm aware, we're just friends" he said removing his finger, quickly backing away his heart racing. "Pfft- no need to run away like I'm diseased or something" Steve said rubbing his temples.

"Yea I know, I just uhm.." Eddie sighed, shaking his head as he played with his rings. "just what?" Steve said confused. "Just didn't wanna uhm make you uncomfortable?" He said, staring at Steve. "Don't worry you weren't making me uncomfortable at all-" Steve blinked, thinking about how Eddie was acting. "Are you sure you're alright?" Steve said softly, feeling like he'd done something wrong.

"Uhm no, I'm fine, don't worry about me ! I just thought I was being a freak again" Eddie admitted, sighing. "You aren't a freak Eddie, don't say that.."
"Well everyone still thinks I am, people still stare at me like I'm some monster..I just don't want you to think about me that way too" he said, his voice shaking. "Eddie, you aren't a monster, I don't think you are..you never have been and we were dumb to judge you based on your appearance" Steve said softly, trying his best to calm Eddie down.

"You don't have to say that, I promise you don't Harrington." Steve felt a sting not physically but from what Eddie said and how he said his last name so harshly. "Eddie, look, I know how hard its been this past year..but its over and we can finally rest" Steve said reassuringly, he began to walk towards Eddie. "What are you do-" Steve pulled Eddie towards him, hugging him tightly not knowing why it just felt right.

"Please just calm down, it's not your fault, the situation was shitty, so fucked up but you're safe right now. I promise" Steve said softly, his hands on Eddie's waist unintentionally. If only Steve knew just how much he affected him, he'd probably be so disgusted by Eddie and go back to calling him some gay freak. "Steve uhm-" Eddie said hesitantly as he stared him into the eyes.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry-" Steve said pulling away, his heart beating quickly as he looked so confused but so in love. Eddie didn't notice, his thoughts racing in his mind as he stared at him with a weird expression. "Why are you apologizing you dingus.." he said smiling softly. "I just felt like I needed to, for everything..you know, you needed to know and I wanted you to know that I care about you a lot" Steve said, as he felt his heart practically beating out of his chest.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Steve thought in his head as he waited for Eddie's response. What the hell is this feeling, I've only felt this way about.. "I care about you too, a lot more than I'd like to admit" Eddie said, his face softening as he smiled at Steve. Fuck, I need to talk to Robin about this, she'll know what to do. "Oh and Steve?" Eddie said, smirking. "Yea?" He said, blinking. "Next time when you decide to lie about a date, make it believable" Eddie said before walking back to his room.

Steve blinked, as he grabbed his things for work and headed out the door. "Robin! Robin-" he said as he ran in the door, seeing her waiting for him at the counter. "Hey Stev- are you alright?" She said as she saw how disheveled he looked. "I need your help, I'm so confused right now" he said softly. He walked behind the counter, grabbing her hand as he took her in the backroom. "Is this about Nancy?" She said sighing. "No, this is uhm. Something completely different, I need advice." Steve said, as he stared at her.

"What is it? Was my hunch yesterday right?" Steve pulled his hand away, saying softly. "I think I like someone, but they aren't a girl.." Robin's eyes widened as she was stunned for a moment. "Steve..oh my god" Genuinely she was shocked, it was probably the most shocking thing she's heard since Vecna was killed. "yea I know, I know.." Steve said pacing around the room. "I still like girls, but he..he's making me feel the way Nance did" Steve said with his voice trembling.

"Steve, Steve!" Robin said grabbing his arm as he looked at her. "Calm down. Breathe." She said, sighing. "I'm sorry, I'm just so confused about, everything, I didn't think this you know, possible, I was a ladies man" Robin cringed, laughing as she playfully smacked his arm. "Gross, don't say it like that!" She said smiling. "What you're experiencing right now would be, a gay crisis, it happens." Robin said softly. "But what does that make me..?" "I think you should research that I don't want to label it for you, that's your job"
"But if I had to say, you might be bisexual, meaning you like boys and girls.."

"Bisexual..? Maybe, thanks Robin, I just..what if he's not gay or bisexual..or what if he's straight?" Steve said softly. "Look, just take things slow, if he likes you then he'll show it and if he doesn't then maybe he's having internalized homophobia or he's straight" Robin said reassuringly. "I need some time to think, let's just get this shift over with" Steve said opening the back room door.