aries woman, cancer man

Start from the beginning

"It's hard to see with the glare from the sun." He said. The sun was just starting to sink in the clear sky, and its rays reflected sharply off the aluminum bleachers. Wooyoung dug around in his canvas book bag for his sunglasses, but all he came up with was a pink floral ponytail holder, owned by his sister.

"Yeah, seems like this heat wave will never end." San grumbled, wiping beads of perspiration off his forehead. "Heyi probably hanging out in your pool, while we're sitting here, baking in the sun."

"He better not be at home," responded Wooyoung, twisting his purple hair back into a little ponytail. He squinted into the sun, searching for signs of his dear sister.

San leaned in to get a better view of the field and brushed against Wooyoung's shoulder. They both jumped apart as if burned. San coughed self consciously, and Wooyoung looked away. 'I guess we're both still uncomfortable after everything that happened last week.' Wooyoung said to himself, remembering with a blush. He and San had been sure that their parents were having an affair, and the whole thing had been so disorienting that they had convinced themselves that they were in love as well.

As Wooyoung stared out into the high-school football field, the green expanse blurred into the grassy quad at the university, where he and San had spent an idyllic afternoon the week before, uncovering the details of their parents' college engagement. Upon Wooyoung's discovery of an old trunk in the attic containing a wedding portrait of Siwon and Shinhye, he and San had both jumped to the conclusion that their parents had once been married. When Siwon and Shinhye had gone to Singapore together for a business trip, San and Wooyoung couldn't help but suspect them of having an affair.

The discovery had been earth-shattering for Wooyoung: Not only had Shinhye been married before, but now she was having an affair! But Wooyoung realized that the revelation had been even more devastating for San, whose parents' marriage was definitely on the rocks. It had seemed as though nobody understood what San and Wooyoung were going through, nobody but themselves.

'We got more than we bargained for.' Wooyoung thought. They discovered an old romance between their parents, and a new one between them. 'To think I believed I was in love with San, of all people' mused Wooyoung in wonder. Rich, arrogant Choi San!

The son of Choi Siwon, a rich, successful industry mogul, San was considered to be the best-looking and wealthiest boy in Angelwood High. And he knew it. Heyi and San had actually dated a few times in the past, and now they had a love-hate relationship. But Wooyoung had never been able to stand him.

He cast a sidelong glance at San, sure he could read his thoughts. Just last Saturday night, he had actually found himself locked in an embrace with him in their kitchen-right in the middle of a pool party that he and Heyi were throwing. Wooyoung thought back to the moment, to the current of energy that had run between them as they'd kissed passionately. No doubt about it, thought Wooyoung, shaking his head, there was an irresistible charge between them.

Afterward Wooyoung had realized that he had confused physical attraction with emotional attachment. He could never care for San the way he loved Yeosang. On some level, he had been unconsciously living out the past, trying to reenact Shinhye's ancient love story with Siwon.

San stared dejectedly into space. He felt as if his world had been turned upside down. His parents were on the verge of a messy divorce and his boyfriend, Song Mingi, had broken up with him after he'd realized he had fallen for Wooyoung. He hadn't realized Mingi was the guy he really loved until it was too late. First his parents, then his boyfriend. 'Was everything in his life destined to fall apart?' San wondered in despair.

Wooyoung shifted uncomfortably on the hard bench. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all." He wondered aloud.

"Yeah," San agreed. "Maybe Heyi's just too much of a ditz to be counted on."