He closed his eyes again, hoping that if he focused hard enough, he'd manage to wake himself up from this fucking nightmare. 

‎ 

- We healed you, however... the burns left some... marks. Think of the scars as a proof of your heroism. You saved your friend from a villain, didn't you? 

‎ 

Enough. 

Too much. 

Not bothered by the info about his mothers waiting, Hanta drifted into a deep sleep once again, hoping that this time he would wake up to a little more normal reality. 

‎ 

‎  

🔥❄️🔥❄️🔥❄️🔥

‎  

He didn't. 
‎ 

He woke up a day later in the same setting.

No matter how many times he closed his eyes, every time he opened them, the reality didn't change. 

Three days passed since Sero woke up, trapped in an undefined stage between consciousness and dream. He eventually understood that the pattern would repeat, that this - the white sheets, the reddened marks on his forearms and torso, the stench of hospital antiseptics, the dryness in his throat - this is real. 

There's no other reality to wake up in. 

He would scream, he would cry, though he didn't know why - but he was way too exhausted for such luxuries. So, during short breaks when he wasn't sound asleep (kissing healing process brought to you by Recovery Girl ) he just looked tiresomely at the ceiling, until he eventually passed out once again. If his parents entered the room, offering words of comfort and warm touch, he didn't register. 

It was too much.

‎ ‎

‎ ‎

🔥❄️🔥❄️🔥❄️🔥

‎‎  

‎‎  

- You're taking way too long, dude. It's getting boring. Not to mention you missed the whole new season of our anime.

‎‎  

‎ ‎

Hanta blinked in confusion. 

What the...

Did he finally manage to wake up in a different - much more pleasurable - reality?! 

He slowly moved his head, noticing SHOUTO OH MY FUCKING GOD NO FUCKING WAY MY CRUSH IS HERE TODOROKI. 

He opened his mouth to speak but Shouto motioned him to stop.

‎ 

‎   

- The doctor let me enter your room but I had to promise I wouldn't make you talk. Apparently, there's something going on with your vocal cords. Funny, I totally overvalued Recovery Girl after having seen her patching Midoriya up on a weekly basis. - he frowned - The lady is getting old... 

..Look, you must be wondering what the fuck is going on - Hanta rolled his eyes slowly, indicating that he wondered so, indeed - well, the world has gone bonkers since you fell asleep. 

Bakugou talks to Midoriya, that's for starters. I KNOW, RIGHT?! I couldn't believe it too! Then... All Might lost his power and isn't a Symbol of Peace anymore. Also... I'm on a good path with my father. I, uh... how to say it... any time I left from the hospital, hoping you'd wake up - but you didn't of course, you lazy fuck - I went back home. Every time I felt disappointed that you didn't wake up, I didn't feel like confronting our class... I didn't feel like sitting alone in my dorms... I felt like seeing him. Like... ugh... his presence became grounding, comforting, and I haven't even realised when all this shit happened. Shift. I wanted to say... shift happened. He... he did great, y'know? 
   ‎

‎  ‎  

Shouto let the other boy digest new information for a couple of minutes. 

Bakugou and Midoriya talking like equals now?! That's quite some news! 

Hanta blinked a couple of times, eyes plastered to Shouto, bright with contentment, despite the pitiful situation. 

As if with Shouto around, the nightmare has become more manageable.

The boys stayed in comfortable silence for a while.

‎‎  

Shouto knew - he knew he had to be quick. He knew it was now or never. 

Was this why his hands were more sweaty than Bakugou's? 

‎‎ 

‎  

- I... ugh... how do I say this... 

‎ 

If The Manual of How to Confess to Your Crush After He Woke up From a Coma exists, can someone hand one to Shouto, please? 

‎ ‎‎‎

- Look, Hero - he started slowly, carefully choosing his words, desperate to dry his hands a little - I have no idea how to say this, I should have prepared but I didn't,  what was I thinking, I didn't prepare, I'm gonna wing it, I just... I'll just do it... my way. 

‎ 

That time in the camp, when you thought I had a crush on that girl from class 1B, I... it's not her

It's not her I wanted to ask out. 

It's not her who I have a crush on. 

It's not her who I have been thinking of day by day for the last months. 

Not hers is the smile I want to cherish every day. 

Not hers is the hand I want to hold. 

Not hers is the math exam I want to study for. 

I... 

‎ 

‎ 

Shouto delicately placed his hand on Hero's one, gathering enough strength to look into wide-open eyes looking at him with so much emotion that he would swear Sero was about to de-combust, yet without saying a word. Classic Sero.

- I'm sorry I didn't ask you out earlier. I promised I'd do it tomorrow. The following day, after I learnt you misunderstood shitty gossip about me, that is. But the following day, when I wanted to finally grow a pair and ask you out, you... went to sleep. For a full q-quarter and I... 

 ‎

Shouto's eyes filled with tears, upon realising how close he was to never saying these things out loud. As if the reality hit him only now, feeling Hero's pulse under the wrist skin where Shouto was not holding but squeezing him as if afraid to lose the other boy again.

 ‎ ‎

- I'm sorry, I'm soooo bad at this. I... Ugh... Hero, do hic you wanna... ugh... go out s-sometimes, maybe? With m... me? For... sniff sniff... a date?