Chapter 17: Lantern Festival I

Start from the beginning

"Are you ok Wanji...?"
Lan Xichen asked him...

"Hmm..."
Lan Zhan said with a sigh...
He was far from ok...Last few hours had been a rollercoaster of emotions for him...
Wei Ying confessing...And the happiness, ecstaty and various other feelings he couldn't even put his finger on that came associated with it...

Hearing Wei Ying confess, all the dreams about a  future with Wei Ying that Lan Zhan had kept buried deep in heart came rushing to the forefront...

But then the possibility that what Wei Ying was feeling could as well be a passing fancy, a fleeting crush...Afterall Wei Ying had been in a lot of relationships...Lan Zhan had grown used to it in the past and was content with loving Wei Ying from a distance...

But a possibility of a relationship, albeit a temporary one, as he knew Wei Ying would move on eventually, was making him greedy...greedy enough to want more...even after knowing it wouldn't happen...

"Wanji...you go and rest...I'll go brief Uncle about everything...Tonight we will be celebrating the lantern festival with the disciples..."

"No brother...I'm fine..."

Silence ensued as they walked towards their uncle's abode...

"Are you ok Wangji...?"
Lan Xichen asked him again...

"Hmm..."

"Wanji..."

"Brother please..."

"Fine..."
Lan Xichen said making a mental note to have a word with Wei Wuxian...

"Xichen...Wanji..."
Their uncle greeted them as they walked inside...

"Uncle..."
They greeted him...
They filled him in about the Waterborne Abyss and discussed about what to do with it until they purge it completely as the entire process would take almost 2 years...

"They are getting bolder and bolder everyday..."
Lan Qiren said with a sigh...

Silence ensued...

"Uncle...How did the Discussion Conference go...?"
Lan Xichen asked him...

Lan Qiren informed them about what they discussed in the discussion conference...He told them that Wen Xu had come representing the Wens in the conference...

There was a knock in the door and Lan Qiren, Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan straightened up...

"Come in..."
Lan Xichen said out loud and Sushe and another disciple walked inside...

"Master Lan, Clan Leader, Hanguang Jun..."
They greeted them...

"Wen Gunzi came here some time after Zewu-Jun and Hanguang Jun left for the exorcism...and then he left for somewhere..."
Sushe informed him...

Lan Xichen nodded...
He had assumed Wen Chao would return as he hadn't gone with them to the Biling Lake...

The thing that was worrying him was what he was upto now...

***************
Wen Chao made his way towards his father's throne room and saw that Xue Yang was standing there for meeting his father as well...

As they waited for an audience with his father's, Wen Chao observed Xue Yang...

He never trusted the man and could never understand what his father saw in him...This guy was deranged, crazy and didn't have a single cell worth of loyalty...And it was obvious that he was in this for something...