Chapter 17: Lantern Festival I

Start from the beginning

"WEI WUXIAN...?"
"Wanji...?"
Wei Ying jumped up immediately hearing Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng and straightened his robes while Lan Zhan stood up after...

Jiang Cheng was looking at them with conflicted emotions while Lan Xichen looked on surprised...

"How embarrassing..."
Wei Ying muttered...
"I can explain...I lost my balance...so Lan Zhan..."

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes...

"Oh no...The vegetables are all spoilt..."
The stall owner muttered as he kneeled down trying to pick them up...

"I'm sorry...I'll pay for it..."
Wei Ying said searching for his money pouch...He frowned seeing it gone...
"Wait a minute...where did my pouch go...?I just paid for Tiānzǐ Xiào..."

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes again and was about to pay but Lan Zhan beat him to it and paid the vegetable cart owner...Which made Jiang Cheng roll his eyes again...

Silence ensued after everything was settled and Wei Ying found his money pouch which embarrassingly was with him all along...

Lan Zhan stared at Wei Ying...Wei Ying stared at everywhere else but at Lan Zhan...While Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng stared at the two of them...

"We should get going..."
Lan Xichen said breaking the ice...
"By the way Wei Gunzi...Drinking is not permitted during night hunts...I can overlook that considering how disturbing the encounter with the water born abyss was...but please don't bring alcohol inside Cloud recesses..."
He said looking at Wei Ying...

Wei Ying nodded...

Soon they walked back towards where everybody was...

"Congratulations...You just managed to make an utter fool of yourself...agaainnn..."
Jiang Cheng whispered to Wei Ying...

"Do you think I'm doing this by choice...?"
Wei Ying whispered back exasperated...

"I dont know about that....but even with all these people between us, I can still feel your man's glare...What sort of shameless debauchery DID you attempt to DO to him Wei Wuxian...?"
Jiang Cheng leaned towards Wei Ying and asked him in a condescending tone...

"I did nothingggg..."
Wei Ying replied indignantly...
"Honestly I'm offended you would think of me like that..."
He added frowning at him...

"Please...Do i look like a fool...?damn it...I have lost track of the times I heard about the gossips of your conquests while we train with other disciples.."
Jiang Cheng said looking visibly sick...
And if Wei Ying wasn't a bit distracted he would definitely have laughed at the look on his face...

"Ah...that's offensive...What conquests are you talking about..?I have never even been in a relationship..."

"You know what...?this entire convo is taking a disturbing route...umm...let's just drop it...alright...?"
Jiang Cheng replied...

"You can't drop a bomb like that and then ask me to drop it..."
Wei Ying said to him annoyed...

"Wait...wait...Are you sure Lan Zhan is glaring at us...?"
He asked Jiang Cheng who rolled his eyes again....

"Are you kidding me...?"
Jiang Cheng asked him...

"Never mind replying...Of course he is glaring...gosh what was I thinking...?Lan Zhan will surely have my head..."
Wei Ying muttered slapping himself...
"What.was.I.even.thinking...?"

Jiang Cheng shook his head...

Their conversation was cut short by their arrival at Cloud recesses...

Wei Ying fled from there immediately towards their cottage with Jiang Cheng trailing after...
Lan Zhan and Lan Xichen left to report about the incident to Lan Qiren...